14 Aug 2008
13 Quotes about marriage
1. Married life is full of excitement and frustration:
* In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.
* In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.
* In the third year, they both speak and the neighbors listen.
2. It is true that love is blind but marriage is definitely an eye-opener.
3. Getting married is very much like going to the restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that.
4. It's true that all men are born free and equal, but some of them get married!
5. There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married. A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.
6. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking; the husband gives and the wife takes.
7. There was a man who said, "I never knew what happiness was until I got married...and then it was too late!"
8. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
9. They say when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage, it is self-defense.
10. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a ten-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
11. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through hell.
12. Marriage is a mutual relationship if both parties know when to be mute.
13. Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.