13 Things about northern Italy
1. If you like the George Clooney style come to Italy. You can find him in all editions. From small to tall, from 18 till 80, (then with white hair) S M L (XL not available) just as you like. You also have the choice between brown, blue or green eyes.
2. Italian girls are pretty in general, of course there are exceptions. Here too you have the choice between
dyed blond or brown hairs in all shades same eyes as above
3. Old ladies are usually very white haired from light blue over silver to light violet. Usually very elegant on countrysides only sundays. The majority is very slim the other part
4. They haven't changed a lot since I saw them 20 years ago which means that they looked older when they were 20 years younger. They said the same of me, which I didn't take for a compliment for the above mentionned reason.
5. Men who used to pinch female bottoms have now to ask "May I" otherwise the woman is now allowed to prosecute them for "sexual harrassement" .
6. Italian men's look can be very "strip teasing" but there is nothing to do against it, there is no proof. They just have to close their eyes.
7. Italian men's tourist hunting is still very commun, no complaints from female tourists on that
8. Men I knew from age 25 who were terrible tourist hunters, boozers, big mouthes and machos are now brave family fathers doing everything what "La Mamma" says and have made their grandchildren to their hobbies.
9. Women who once had to worry about their husbands, for the above mentionned reasons, have become "La Mamma" once she became mother and is now family leader. Even in "The Godfather" family.
10. It is still use once families get together that women are in one part of the room, men on the other discussing different things, only at the arriving and when they go the two sexes have discussions together.
11. The famous southern hospitality hasn't changed a bit. You can arrive at whatever hour without "warning" and you are received as if you were the most important person in the whole world.
12. Italy is not a cheap country anymore. Since the introduction of the Euro, prices are almost the same as in northern countries
13. The beauty of landscapes or historical sites haven't changed a bit. But there are now a lot of rules and laws to be respected. If you break them fines are very expensive. People are a lot less free.