26 Jul 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




13. Quotes a Buddah has said
(there are so many I don't know who)

1. A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”


2. The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”


3. The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.


4. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”


6. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”


7. Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.”


8. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”


9. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?”


10. The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood


11. To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others


12. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”


13. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.




21 comments:

  1. I didnt know much about the religion until recently...I must say, Buddah definitely knew a thing or 2 about a thing or 2:)..Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great TT. I haven't heard most of these before. Number 3 is so powerful, if only it were so easy too. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like #12.

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know my children are all Buddhists! Depend only upon themselves ... except when they need dinner cooked!

    You must have missed my post where I went to the doctor -- it's 2 or 3 down now. He said I have some inner ear "congestion" - and gave me all kinds of medicines - 3 of them! 2 make me dizzy and one makes me drowsy! I have NO idea if they are working or not!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a terrific post, Gattina. I wonder if we'll take those words to heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great TT post. A post with meaning beyond everyday blah-blah's.

    btw. Just returned from a cruise to Mrs and Mr Lifecruiser. Dutch friends will arrive here in Oslo this evening. U Z we are pretty busy....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! And Lao Tzu said "Those who speak do not know. Those who know do not speak."

    Hope I didn't trail any fairy dust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great quotations - something really to learn from - a great reminder Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very wise words for sure - we all need to take a bit of that to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wise words here. I can relate and agree with all of them too. Have a great TT Gattina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are excellent quotes, Gattina. I especially like 3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love #10! Wonderful quotes though. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Short of time, butt still wanted to give you some summer hugs from Fårö!

    We're going home on Monday - 4 weeks passes fast.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gattina, this is such a wonderful, Spiritual post. Thank you for it. This is very in keeping with my Spiritual beliefs and studies.

    Happy T13, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. buddah is as wise as Willow and Stella over at L-squared. or is that versa-visa?

    great list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually, all 13 are beautiful quotes. The most I love are #s 1, 4, 7, 10 (and very true).
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A terrific list. The world would be a lot better place if we all took these sayings/beliefs to heart.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your choice of thrusday thirteen. Very wise choice.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !