8 Mar 2009

WEEKLY WINNERS - A wedding


More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners

In my age I am mostly invited to funerals. But this time it was a marriage ! Two years ago a young couple had bought a house in our street, the owners had moved into a flat, they were too old to keep the house.

To my and all other neighbour's surprise we suddenly were invited to their wedding !

Photobucket
The wedding took place in the church "St. François d'Assise" in Waterloo, which I had never seen.

Photobucket

A little girl and a little boy should walk in front of the couple carrying two white baloons.

Photobucket

The little boy refused and cried and sobbed until the little girl took both baloons and walked alone in front of the couple. We all laughed, he showed already that marriage was nothing for him !

Photobucket

the inside of the church had beautiful windows

Photobucket

Photobucket

the happy couple

Photobucket

Greating everybody in front of the church

Photobucket

They had arrived in this little car and it also took them to

Photobucket

this old farm which had been modernized and transformed into a restaurant with a big reception for weddings or other celebrations.

Photobucket
and I was happy too ! outside I discovered the first signs of spring !!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this breath of life this morning. My father and a friend of mine are both very near death. I needed to see something that affirms life!
    Such a lovely bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring at last!!!
    How wonderful to be able to attend to a wedding Gattina!! The bride looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a LOVELY wedding! You know... I guess EVERYwhere has a St. Francis of Assisi Church... That one is a beauty! I noticed the crocus out in MY yard today too! YAY! I haven't photographed them yet though... I've been so busy I can think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous wedding! Sure you had good time there! Beautiful yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Better than a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress was stunning. Beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a stunning looking couple! I love her dress, too. Thanks for sharing these...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have spring????!!!! We still have snow!!! It's not fair....

    Oh, lovely surprise wedding invitation. And the windows in the church are just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !