19 Aug 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND AUGUST 17

 

Who is the most beautiful in all the land?

zzzz...zzzz.....zzzz


Have a nice trip

 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

*******

A real quiet Weekend, it was warm and I spend the afternoon in our park. The weather was nice, sunny with a few clouds and warm. 

I had seen the Flower Carpet of the Grand'Place in Brussels on TV and thought that this year I will only see it this way, because in the past I had often gone by car to Brussels, at 6 am in the morning when the place was still tourist free, and almost empty. One of the cafés had the door open and I asked if I could go to the third floor to take pictures and I was allowed and even served a coffee ! From up there I had a gorgeous view on the whole carpet. 

This year I took the pictures from my TV, now I am out of work at 6 am and later there are too many people. Driving in Brussels has changed a lot, you are allowed to drive at 30km/h only and lot of streets are closed and only for pedestrians. 

 
The flowers are placed one by one by volunteers until the pattern is finished.

and when it's finished it looks like this. Thousands of tourists come from all corners of the world to admire this beautiful carpet which is made every two years. 

On Sunday it was a bit cooler but still warm, I wrote my posts, answered comments, and after lunch I went outside with the intention to walk a bit around the park. But then came some others and we started to chat, The coffee arrived and then a woman whose husband passed away two weeks ago, he had the same illness as Rick. We became friends so we could talk about our grief. 

She had already served as Rosie's pedicure, and that went without any problems, with me she won't let cut her claws ! We talked about our lives which had changed so much and then she returned home and I went to join the others still on the terrace. Then suddenly it became cool and we all returned to our rooms.

 

4 comments:

  1. The carpet is phenomenal - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The carpet is most beautiful. Would love to see this in person. Beautiful.

    Arthur was a most handsome mancat.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to beautiful Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carpet of flowers looks spectacular but probably best viewed on the TV where you can see it from every angle.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !