6 Jun 2024

HODGEPODGE JUNE 6


1. It's National Cheese Day (June 4)...does anyone not like cheese? What's your favorite? Last thing you ate or made with cheese?

I don't like eating warm food twice a day, so I asked for a cheese plate for supper; because I already had a warm meal for lunch. I don't like to eat warm twice a day. I don't know what cheese it is, but it's good ! My favorite cheese is an Italian Cheese "Fontina" I ate it for the first time when I went with Rick to Italy. We bought a whole Fontina cheese which I cut into portions and freezed them. The cheese lasted at least for  months !


 
2. Last time you were instructed to 'say cheese!'? How do you feel about having your picture taken? 

We don't say "cheese", because in all languages I know it wouldn't make a smiley on your face 😒, what we say is "Spaghetiiiiiiiii" which leads to the same result 😁. I'm used to having my photo taken, so I don't care.

3. What's your travel packing strategy? Are you typically a light packer or do you throw in everything but the kitchen sink? When flying do you check a bag or aim for carry on only? 

Years ago I made a list in my computer with everything I need for summer holidays, and when I travel I print it out, and fill in my suitcase the same way it's written on my list. That's easy I only have to pay attention that everything is clean and then I can pack in 5 min my suitcase and leave !

4. What is it about people's cell phone habits that you find most annoying?

 When somebody forgets to switch it off and it rings during a spectacle !

5. What will be your summer mantra/slogan? 

 Difficult to say, I even don't know if we will have summer, until now we still have the same temperatures which change a bit up and down from January on ! Therefore my mantra/slogan would be : summer come ! summer come ! summer come ! Imagine now in June we have 12°C !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

For the moment I am thinking  that I would like to travel to a country full of sunshine, where it rarely rains, to a hotel with a SPA and soak up the sun to feel better and stronger. But I hesitate, although there is no reason. I would use the assistance service for seniors, who would take care of everything and I wouldn't have to walk much. If it would be warmer, I would have our beautiful park here, then I would go in  autumn. These thoughts are turning around in my head ! I would go alone anyway, because at the moment I don't know anyone who can help me on the right path to start a new life.

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. You should go to your beloved Egypt, where the staff will treat you very well. You seem to know about assistance available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only the flight (5 h) which holds me back !

      Delete
  2. We've had a rainy spring heading in to summer. Supposed to be nice this weekend and I have houseguests coming who would love to get out on the lake so here's hoping! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you might enjoy this joke about cell phones:

    Poster found in a Church in
    France... (translated): "When you enter this church it may be possible that you
    hear "the call of God". However, it is unlikely that He
    will call you on your mobile. Thank you for turning off your phones. If you want to talk to God, enter, choose a
    quiet place and talk to Him. If you want to see Him, send
    Him a text while driving." Ruth from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to travel to a warm, sunny place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egypt sounds good ( I saw the comment above and your reply), but I understand exactly what you mean about the five hour flight. It takes us at least that long to fly from here to Oregon which is absolutely crazy. That will probably be finally what decides us we have to stay in one place and not go back and forth.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !