12 Jun 2024

HODGEPODGE June 13

1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not? 

I live my life as I want to, I don't know if it's simple or not, by instinct I would always choose a simple way !

2. Something you remember from a 'simpler time'?  

When I look back on my life, I've always been pretty adventurous, and somehow I've always fallen on my feet. Can't remember anything special, time must have been simple in general.

3. Do you like squash? If so what's your favorite variety? What's a favorite way to prepare squash? 

I never have prepared squash, and honestly I don't know if it is eaten in Belgium. Never heard of it. I first thought you meant "Squash" the game ! 

 

4. Do you shop the warehouse stores (such as Costco, Sam's B.J's, etc)? If so how often do you go, and what's something you always buy in this type of store? 

Of course our stores have other names, but I certainly have shopped in one of them. But as I hate shopping in general, I would only go there when I need something

5. Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Any plans to make the day special? Tell us something about your own father, or something about your hubs as a father, or about someone who stepped into your life and acted as a father if yours was not a part of your life. 

We never have celebrated Father's day, it just was not the use. In Germany Father's day was celebrated, but in a completely other way, it was the day where men went out alone with friends without women and children and then they celebrated ! In fact it should rather be a "men" day, because for going out and celebrate you don't need to be a father ! (Father's Day is not a public holiday in Germany - which is fortunate that it falls on Ascension Day, a public holiday. To be more precise, Father's Day always takes place on the 40th day after Easter, which in 2024 will be May 9th).

Father day in Germany
 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Today I feel very tired, I didn't sleep very well. I thought about what, my son had told me on the phone that I was pretty weak and that I was getting often sick. He was right, since Rick died my health was not so good anymore and has taken a serious toll on it. I'm like a yoyo, one day I'm feeling good and I'm making plans to do this and that and then I'm feeling bad again. Now I'm thinking I will  stay here in  summer and drive or fly somewhere in fall. The weather is either way too hot or way too bad, there is simply no season anymore. Where it was cold it's now hot and the other way around ! 






5 comments:

  1. Rest and take good care of yourself. I'm glad your son shared his concern. I hope you have some lovely weather and can get out in the sunshine. I think it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your stomach isn't bothering you anymore. Interesting replies to those questions!
    Even if they don't work out, its nice to make plans to look forward to in some way or another.. .

    I have a trip planned for a day out with some friends, but the temp will be 94F (34.5C) so we'll likely not go, we would faint in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too thought squash the game. So, have you played squash?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes growing old is a roller coaster. Bill is like you. He can be fine for a few weeks and then he gets very tired and can't do anything. Good idea to stay put in summer. We stay put all year now with an occasional trip into the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your son is paying attention to your health concerns, and I hope you're feeling better consistently!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !