30 May 2024

HODGEPODGE MAY 30

 1. Growing up, at what age did you think you'd become an adult? At what age did you actually become an adult? 

I think or rather I am convinced that nobody knows when he/she IS an adult ! First what does it mean being adult ? the age ? the behavior ? I don't know when I became adult, probably when my son was born, because then I had the responsibility for a baby. There are people they are already born as adults, and others who stay kids their whole life. My DIL told me once that I am childish, because I like to laugh and have fun, it doesn't matter in which circumstances. I think she mixed childish with humor and laughing, because she is a shy person and I am too exuberant. (That's maybe because my son choose her !)


2.  What's a favorite item you've bought this year?

 All the little things I bought to make my room  in the Retirement home cozy.

 3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...are you a fan? If so, how do you like yours? When was the last time you had a hamburger? Besides the backyard grill, what's your favorite place to go for a burger? 

The last Hamburger I ate was in the UK. I was at the sea in Eastbourne for a week and had forgotten all my credit cards and had to live with 50 £ (64 $ ) cash in my wallet. The girl at the reception helped me and asked my bank for 100 $, as it didn't arrive, I called my banker and asked why it took so long and he told me, that they thought it was an "error" because her name was Mohamed !!! I was furious, but that didn't change my situation. I decided to imagine that I am a poor student and have to live with 50 £ for a week.. Fortunately the breakfast was included in my hotel invoice, so I ate like a horse in the morning, that lasted until suppertime. I had discovered a little shop selling sandwiches and Hamburgers. The hamburger costed 4 £, that was in my daily budget, and even allowed me a drink and a ride in the little train along the sea. There I ate the best Hamburger ever in my whole life ! The meat was so tasty it came from Ireland where the cows ran around happy and free, and that gave the good taste. He also put fresh local cheese on the meat and slices of delicious tomatoes ! Each day my hamburger became bigger as I had told him my misfortune ! I think not only the Hamburgers were excellent but also healthy and not junk food at all !

  The green, green grass in Ireland, which gives the Hamburger meat a special taste !

4.  How have your priorities changed over time? 

I have no priorities, or maybe one, not to let me go and try to lead a normal life as widow

5. What's one thing on your June calendar you're really looking forward to?

Sunshine and warm weather, so that I can profit from our beautiful park !

6. Insert your own random thought here.

On May 29th Rick my husband, friend and support died. Today I think that my life is not bad, but it lacks support and I feel like a plant that lacks a stilt.

Our last selfie, shortly before his death

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about the hamburger getting larger each day. I always think of you as a fun person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of Joie de Vivre in you, I think!
    That hamburger vendor was kind and generous.

    Anniversary dates when loved ones pass away are hard, each time they come around.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !