20 Nov 2023

AWWWW MONDAY - MOVING DAYS


 


Rosie's new home ! What a nice view to observe birds and cats !!

She seems to be quite happy, first she had to get used to the people who came in, but then she didn't hide anymore and stayed put. Even the manager came to see the little Princess, she is now the star of the home !



 

linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

 ******

 

I am sure I will never forget November 15 ! The day which changed my entire life. After the furniture I took with me was gone I felt like I was camping. 

I was so thankful that  Dominique came on Monday afternoon so I wasn't alone. We packed up personal belongings and emptied cupboards. After all that,  I was half dead. My bronchitis, weakness and also  the blues that all together was terrible.  

On Wednesday the 15th Momo my mover brought the rest and Dominique and I with our cars followed him. The maintenance man  helped us bring everything to my room. Momo had already put up the furniture, And now I have to slowly unpack everything again. I was hoping my son would come and not leave me alone, men have less imagination, I just think he did not understand how hard it was for me to be alone. Luckily Dominique was there and didn't drive home until it got dark.

I fought the whole night with my bed sheet and the mattress was like a Fakir board without spikes. I was used to a softer one. Rosie took me again for a race track and tried to eat my ears ! On top of that she sang, barked, growled I don't no what else I heard her even through the earplugs. That was my first night here. 

The next day a lot of people showed up and poor Rosie hid under the bed. But as it continued, finally she settled down on the sofa and people even could pet her ! The second night she made no noise and slept peacefully I don't know were. 

I have to say it is so nice to find you breakfast at the door not to wake you up, at noon you don't have to cook, I just had to ask them to stop serving me soup I hate that and then in the evening we eat cold, bread with cheese ham etc and a fruit. If you don't like something you just have to tell and you get something else. 

The personal is extremely friendly and helpful. Once I rang the bell and not even 10 min later there was somebody. If you imagine the size of the castle and the length of the corridors it's almost a record.

And here are a few pictures of my "forever home" ! This morning a young man asked me how long I would stay here and I told him until he can follow my coffin, and then we both laughed.

 

My place

The view


Rosie's corner


and the TV corner with my cat collection, which I have to put into the right place

Rosie should do a selfie with me, but with her face !

 


 

 

11 comments:

  1. Looking good straight away. Was the wall mounted tv already there? And I guess your own is on the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TV on the wall was there, my TV has to be connected or sold ! I am still not 100 % well, but now I have medical survey !

      Delete
  2. Ah, poor Rosie - she must have been very confused. It all looks very nice already, Ingrid, as though you've een there forever. Now, at last, you can relax a little and gather your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your move is finally done, although of course you still have belongings to sort and organise but it will soon feel like home. Glad too that Rosie has settled better. Hopefully now you will start to feel better and get rid of the bronchitis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd be telling us about your move and give us some pictures. I'm so happy for you and Rosie. How wonderful. You're even feeling better. I can tell. What a fabulous Awww Mondays post.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully this will be the beginning of your recovery. Now you no longer have to worry about cooking and shopping and you will always have someone nearby when needed. I hope to see many more photos of you smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes time to settle in. You and Rosie will no doubt do so quickly. Your castle is a pretty place but I might see about getting a more comfy mattress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you and Rosie are safe and being looked after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you are happy that it is all over. So nicenot to have toprepare meals. I'm sure you will start to feel better soon. I hope you make friends there and that your old friends will visit, son too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gattina - I'm glad things are working out for you ... and I hope your health improves - with thoughts - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray, you have arrived!! Hope that soon your health issues will all improve.

    Your new place is super and the view is so very pretty!

    Rosie seems to like it too, that is a plus!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !