16 Nov 2023

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 15

 1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Is yours in need of a cleaning? Will you get that done today? How often do you tackle this particular chore?

I clean my fridge when it is necessary, as I am living alone there is mostly cheese and fruits in it and some drinks. Now I have to clean it when I leave my apartment which is empty now.

2. November 15th is also National Philanthropy Day...tell us about a charity (local or otherwise) you like to support when you're able.  

Of course  I help when I can ! All things in my apartment clothes, furniture are going to charity or are already gone. I could sell some things, but very few.

3.What in nature inspires you and why? 

 view from my room

I love woods and parks for their colors in different seasons, and also for the smell. I always remember the Sequoia park which had a very special smell. But I also love the sea, just sitting there and watching the waves, and listening to the noise they make.

4. What's something you own that makes you feel cozy? 

I love my TV corner with now one sofa, a shelf with my cats and my cat Rosie who moved with me in the castle. I have to get used to the high ceilings !

5. Who did you thank today? Who thanked you?

When I had just gotten up and had breakfast, about 8 young interns arrived to interview me. The questionnaire was so stupid that it made me laugh and I joked. It was extremely funny until the boss came and said they also had to go and see other people.
It made me happy to have such a funny morning and the youngsters promised to come back. I think my bad reputation is done!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Since I moved in the retirement home I have mixed feelings. On one side I am happy that I have such a beautiful new home and the people are so nice, even cat Rosie sits here now and is surprised that so many people are coming. On the other side I tell myself that this is my last move on earth at least. Where I go afterwards I don't know, probably a better place then what we have actually here.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely hodgepodge. I know you'll be happy where you are and so will Rosie. I'm happy for you. Just enjoy.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and Rosie are settling in . Big transitions take time but I'm hoping this feels like home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we got our new car and our salsesman was telling me all the things it does, I looked at him, laughed and said "are we that stupid as humans that we need all this?" That made him chuckle and he said "we are that distracted". I've never had a new car so am not used to all the dings and reminders. I'm glad you're settling in. I'm sure it is a very odd thing to think this is the last place you will live. I hope you are able to embrace it and live there fully present in each moment...and maybe cause a little mischief...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you're settling in.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !