28 Sept 2023

HODGEPODGE SEP 28

1. It's officially fall y'all. In the northern hemisphere anyway. Any signs of it where you are? What's your favorite thing about this time of year? 

As I hate fall, I am really happy that it is still warm (at least during the day) and the trees are still dressed in green and not naked. We are late with fall this year !

2. Have you visited any 'falls' in person? Tell us about one of your favorites? Of the following top ten famous falls (according to this site ) which would you most like to see in person- Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe/Zambia), Igazu Falls (Argentina/Brazil), 

 
 Niagara Falls (US/Canada), 

 

Yosemite Falls (California), 

Dettifoss (Iceland) Kaieteur Falls (Guyana),

 

 

 Plitvice Waterfalls (Croatia), 

or Sutherland Falls (New Zealand) Yes, I have seen the Niagara Falls on the Canadian side, the Yosemite Falls, and the Plitvice Waterfalls in Croatia. I think I would love to see the Gullfoss-Golden Falls with the Northern lights !

3. What's something you'll miss about summer? 

The long days and the light

4. A favorite fall recipe? 

I don't know any, I eat what I want and don't care about the season ! 

5. Something you enjoy but lately have allowed it to 'fall by the wayside'? 

Painting, sculpturing, traveling, photography. I have lost all energy and creativity  since Rick died.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have so many things to sell and I'm racking my brain as to the easiest way to do it. I can't let the whole of Belgium into my apartment.


 

8 comments:

  1. It is sad to hear how you have lost interest in all your hobbies. I hope your son can help you sell stuff. We sold stuff on Gumtree. Its an Australian version of ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you could always put what you don't sell into storage for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have four large drawers for my clothes, and now we are already a month into spring in Australia, I have packed away the woollen jumpers and windcheaters into the one bottom drawer. Rock on two more months of spring and then SUMMER>>>>>> yes! My t-shirts and bathing suits are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you rediscover a love for your hobbies again. Maybe you can sell some of your things online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you what I don’t miss about summer - the heat and humidity. Summer is not my favourite time of the year. As for the waterfalls I have seen two of the ones displayed in your pictures - Niagara (an hour and a half from my house) and Plitvice in Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niagra Falls for me...they were, Loud!! lolol
    hope you're feeling better today?!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never got around to commenting on last weeks posts and figured I needed to play catch up. I hate posting and then not commenting. Uggh. We'll see if I get around to posting this week. THe croatia falls look beautiful. I hope you figure out how to sell things. It would be tricky when in an apartment. We live out a ways, and I always use my in laws garage. OF course that means hauling things to their house. Bigger things I leave and sell on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up an hour or so drive from Niagara.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !