29 Sept 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

If you ask me what I did this week, the week seems like a day. Yesterday Monday today Friday. 

After all, I was very busy with my cat collection selling and the days just flew by. I lost most of my time on the phone with this damn new (Covid) telephone system, No.1 2,3, etc. At least it was worth it, every day someone came and picked up what he had chosen. 

Besides the things I had already sold,  I sold 3 cats from Thailand (I didn't know that) and two books about the 3rd Reich that I found and was scandalized at how many people were interested in this crap, but money is money. 

Tomorrow a lady from the Belgian Cat Shelter will come and pick up my paintings, free of charge of course, the money they get for them is for the abandoned cats. Even if a picture only brings in €10, it can raise a nice sum. 

Since I live in a building, I had to greet people at the mailboxes and not in the house. I didn't care, but these are the rules, neighbors are afraid that they will be robbed and murdered. I put the money under my mattress... The people were all quite young and talkative, so I had a lot of conversations and the days weren't boring at all. 

And so I will continue the next days too, in fact I was lucky, in my misfortune with my sprained ribs, I had to sit still and take painkillers anyway. I went to my doctor yesterday because my whole side hurt, but she confirmed nothing  is broken and that I had done the right thing.


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It's nice that you were able to make some sales and suplement your income a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice to have some sales for yourself and that's awesome that the cat shelter will sell your paintings! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on selling all those things! That takes so much work and organizing.
    I'm sure the cat shelter will appreciate all the paintings, too.
    Glad to hear your ribs aren't broken; I hope you heal completely soon and so no more pain.
    Have a good weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things seem to be going in the right direction. You'll keep your favourite cats, won't you? Your paintings should raise some good funds for the charity. Keep on taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great about the sales of you cat collections and the donated paintings. I'm glad your ribs aren't broken and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !