21 Jul 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I had ordered a case for my Samsung tablet, it should arrive in three days, it still hadn't arrived and I had to ask why. Impossible to get a human on the phone, everything went by email. Finally I had enough and answered what I thought to a "no reply". Strangely, I got an immediate response. I should (again) fill out a form saying to return the item, so that they give me my money back and then order a new one! But how can I return something I have never got ? And this is the Company Samsung and not a public administration !

Since two years two trees had died in our garden and were full of large white mushrooms. I was typing on my computer when I heard a terrible noise. I went on my terrace and saw that men with chainsaws and other equipments had arrived and were beginning to remove the two tree skeletons.

It took them 4 hours to cut them off and just left a nice wooden plate in the grass ! Great work !

When I looked in the mirror I decided to go to the hairdresser. Although I live alone, with my cat who is not interested at all in my look, but only in her food, I always dress and don't stay the whole day in a pajama. I also put on some makeup I don't do this to please, I do it for myself. I just feel better then. 

My hairdresser is a young woman and is very interested in my travels, when she saw me coming she said, "hello, nice to see you, can you tell me something about the English coast ?" and yes I could.

and so I left. (not with the cat of course)

Yesterday I went to my neighbor Nicole, and found the other neighbour also there, so we had a little chat, I think they also feel lonely. But what to do together, One only loves running around and watch all sports on television, and the other loves cleaning. No way to get them out for an exhibition, or whatever event.

There are also the summer holidays and lots of people away. So I start to get bored and that's not good. I force myself not to let me go, but more and more I think that life without Rick is very difficult. I need a support and miss him more and more.

I tried to pull myself together and decided to walk from my apartment to the park ! It's really not far but apparently it wasn't my day. 3 times I had to sit on a wall and use my pouf. There weren't many people, most of them had already packed up and left, stands had been set up, and a tent for the singers and musicians and a dance floor.

Tomorrow it will be full here, it's the 21st of July the Belgian National Day. I haven't seen many flags, but our King making his speech in the News.
 



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. It most be hard to be alone and missing your husband. Does your community have a senior center? I get together with women from church. Our church has a once a month senior gathering. I think a walk to the park is nice. I like your picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your king looks ok. Nicely styled hair in front of a nice backdrop and of course immaculately dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being asked to return things that have never arrived seems to be a trend at the moment. It's so irritating when you can't talk to a human being any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to get out and get a haircut. I always feel so much better afterward. It was nice you got out for a bit of a walk. Good for you for doing that even though you were tired. It must be so much lighter without the trees there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way about appearance. I don't wear makeup besides a little mascara (mainly because my eyes look half-closed without it). My husband doesn't care about makeup. But I feel better if I am dressed and my hair looks decent. I'm past due for a haircut.

    It's good those trees got taken care of. It's nice you have a park close by. I need to walk more, but we live in a small neighborhood, and the streets beyond are either super-busy, or hilly without sidewalks so it's hard to see cars coming.

    My FFF this week: https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/07/21/fridays-fave-five-704/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be hard to get used to being a widow. I'm glad you make it a point to get out. Do you still have your painting group? I remember you used to post about that weekly group and show your paintings. I love to get out and walk in parks. A good way to spend a summer day! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - but it is impossible to get a human on the phone. I was commenting on that as well on my blog today. So frustrating. And getting out of our pajamas just makes us feel better. Feel human:) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have a park to walk in.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you had a good idea to get out and walk to the park. Just being outside is helpful. Especially when you miss Rick so much.
    It is important to me, too, to be dressed and 'looking decent'. For me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its good to get outside, but how frustrating it must be to have to sit down to catch your breath...Those trees are gone, what an eyesore...well, at least when all the trees have their leaves! We had a tree cut down in our yard...one tree! It took about 8 hours to fell it, and clean it up...it was HUGE! And far too close to our house, we were getting worried it would fall down in a storm and break our dwelling place.

    That castle you want to move into looks very nice. I do hope you will not have to wait too long...some places here have very long waiting lists...I guess the longer the wait, he better/more desirable he place is!

    Hope the festivities of the 21st were good and that you could enjoy them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last time I was dealing with a customer service situation, I was in a bad place emotionally, and blew up at the representative.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !