11 May 2023

HODGEPODGE MAY 11

 1. Did you watch the coronation of King Charles III? Share some of your thoughts about that, or about the royal family in general. 

 

Honestly as I had to get up very early for my cleaning lady I watched the whole ceremony from beginning to the end. It was a welcomed distraction as since Rick's death I suffer from travel fever and am rather stressed. I never had that before ! In my opinion it was very well organized and done. My favorite person in the whole royal family is little George ! He is always so natural and funny !

2. What are you the uncrowned queen of? 

 

 

The only thing which comes into my mind are cats ! We both loved cats and during our marriage we had 6 ! These were the last once before Rick's death.

Now she is "my queen"

3. In a box of chocolates which one do you usually go for? 

I am not a fan of chocolate or anything sweet, but I would go for black chocolate

4. Something learned at your mother's knee? 

To dress as I want and do my make up for myself, to feel well and nice, and not for others 

5. 'Like mother, like daughter'...in what way is this saying true for you? 

Nothing fits, I am just the opposite of my mother, a cuckoo's egg. She was short and round, I was tall and slim, she had brown hairs, I am blond. She always had to depend  on somebody and was the servant of my father. I have always been very independent and my husband and I were a team and completed each other.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My head is full of things I have to do before I go on the cruise ! I never had "travel" fever before, because I had a controller behind me who asked me all the time "do you have this, do you have that, don't forget .... and he got on my nerves ! Now I wished he would, but I am alone to think about not to forget something. I also had to book a taxi to take us to Brussels airport, Rick did that usually. and  to find a cat sitter for Rosie, as my old girls here in my building don't want to take the responsibility, and Adeline now 85 last time forgot to close the windows (I don't know why she opened them, it was 1°C outside) and didn't clean Rosie's litter box. Fortunately, only 3 days.This time I will be away for 12 days and of course I don't have trust any more.


 


 

 

7 comments:

  1. I sure have missed a lot of posts...sorry about that. I just read through most of them...What a cutie is Leia the new puppy!

    I hope your walking trouble is now under control. and that you will benefit from all the relaxing you'll do on that wonderful cruise. You just might find me as a stowaway in your suitcase, LOL! I only wish!!

    We watched most of the coronation of King Charles III here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make lots of lists when I travel and am careful to check and recheck them before leaving. It's always stressful on the front end, but I'm sure you'll enjoy once you're underway. I'm glad you've got a holiday planned. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats, can play the role of royalty quite well.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not interested in the monarchy. I think it is a waste of money but I do like the fact that they keep old traditions alive but they should pay for it themselves. I'm sure you'll manage the packing and the trip. It's one of the reasons that we don't tour any more---can't be bothered with the hassle of preparation. Don't mind short trips. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. I can't remember when your cruise is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always a lot of planning needed for a trip. I make endless lists. You have to find a cat sitter as well as everything else. But what I admire the most about you is that despite everything you manage to get it all sorted and will be on that cruise with everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice responses. You're so used to packing, I'm sure you could do it in your sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !