9 Mar 2023

HODGEPODGE MARCH 8

1. We're in to a season students call 'spring break'. Did you/your family travel over spring breaks when you were growing up? Tell us something about a 'spring break' you remember (from childhood or adulthood, either one). 

We had Carnival holidays, one week. Nobody in Germany went on holidays when I went to school. They all were too busy to build up the country again, there was no money to go on holidays and not many cars. I went to my grandma which was very nice and I have a lot of good memories, because she lived on the countryside and I lived in a city. 

These were the cars I remember to have seen on the streets !

Opel

 I think this "car" was called "Isetta"

   qqqqqqqand Fiats 500 or 600 were very popular. Was also my first car.

2. Last thing you broke? Was it a big deal?  

A "disaster" ! I dropped my ceramic cat sugar bowl and broke its head! So the cat's body without  head ended up in the trash together with the broken head of course. 

  

3. March 7th is National Cereal Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite? If not cereal what's your favorite breakfast? Your typical breakfast? 

Since I lived not with my parents anymore,  I never ate breakfast, I just wasn't hungry. But when Rick became more and more ill, the doctor told me that I should at least eat something sweet. I tried eating a bowl of muesli with fruits, grapes, blueberries or tangerines and got used to it. Now I eat it each morning together with a strong cup of coffee. 

4. Break ground, break of dawn, break down, break the bank, break one's stride, break the ice, break a law, break a habit, break bread...choose one of the idioms listed and tell us how it applies to your life currently. 

I think in my situation "break of dawn" is the most appropriate. I have to start a new life, standing on one leg and not on two anymore, as now I have this horrible title "Widow".

5. Where do you go to connect with friends and family? What do you like to do most when you're home alone? 

I don't have to go to a special place to connect with friends, I am not shy and people when they see me start to chat. Very interesting, sitting on a bench in a park or in front of the sea and listen to the life stories of people I had never seen before. I don't know where to connect with family, because we are already connected (or not) 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

All my hopes of warm and sunny weather, and leaves coming out disappeared when I opened the curtains this morning ! 



On the other hand it's good for me, because I have to stay home and heal completely this long lasting bronchitis (nearly 2 months, with up and downs) With the new medication I feel much better !

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got winter there when its almost spring!! We are supposed to get yet another snowy day on Friday.

    Glad you are feeling better with the new medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think people think much of Opel cars nowadays but the old one looks very stylish. My father's mother had a Fiat 500. It was a horrible little car but very reliable. I don't know the Isetta but it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !