11 Mar 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I rake my brain to remember what I have done (or rather not done) this week. I had decided to stay home and rest, to finally get fit again. It's been over a month now that I can't get rid of this bronchitis and I feel so terribly weak. 

So I sat in front of the TV or computer all day long, sometimes with the phone to my ear. Once I even went shopping and came back exhausted. But it's slowly getting better, I'm not breathless so quickly anymore, but the laundry has to wait a little more to be washed. 

View from my working place

On Wednesday, the only day it had snowed in the whole country, the black cat from the first floor had disappeared, and owner two girls were very worried. I took my binoculars went on the terrace and looked down on the snow covered lawn, but no black spot in sight. I took the opportunity and looked a bit into the windows around me, but most of them had their curtains closed. I called the girls and told them that it was now raining cats an dogs and that their cat would certainly hurry home not to get too wet. And I was right, 5 minutes later they called me that a black sponge had run into the living room ! They were so happy. 

On Thursday I had to take little Rosie to the pedicure, fortunately not to the manicure too ! For the first time since I live here, she must have felt something, because when I wanted to put her in the carrier, she disappeared under the armchair. Finally I got her out not very gently, pulling at one paw, but I was so out of breath, that there was no other mean. She sang like Whitney Houston the whole way long, and it took not even 10 min to cut her claws ! Then we went back, and there she didn't sing at all. She probably knew that we were on the way back. As soon as I arrived on my floor I let her out and she ran immediately to the right door and waited until I had opened the door. She would never go elsewhere ! Door open or not. I fell again in my sofa and realized that I was still not in my normal state which made me a little depressed. 

Home again, she in full shape, I half dead ! 

My week ended very nicely, Dominique came again for the weekend and we went to the cinema together. The film was very nice and at least played for 6 weeks, it was the last film of Tom Hanks "A man called Otto" which had been "translated" into French "The worst neighbor in the world" which I think is a better title then the English one.


 We both liked the movie very much, it was sad and full of humor at the same time; We laughed a lot !

After the cinema we wanted to go for supper in a nearby restaurant, but the water came down in buckets from heaven and the wind blow us away. So we returned home and had one of my frozen food, pasta with seafood and vegetables in a lemon sauce. Was very good. 





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Even when you're not doing very much you seem to do more than me! Sounds like a nice time with Dominique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound a bit like a better week than last. And at least the black kitty is safe and sound and Rosie proved that she knows her way home.
    Movie and dinner with Dominique sounds like a great evening out and in.
    I do hope the bronchitis goes away this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you continue to get better. Thank goodness for dear friends to laugh with and a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Tom Hanks movies, usually.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was nice that Dominique came by and that you could go to see a movie and eat a good meal together.

    Rosie really knows where her home is, and I am glad that the Black cat decided home was far better than being on the lamb!!

    Hope you will get more better and stronger with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice that you got to go out with Dominique. Most people seem to have liked that movie. Maybe I'll try to watch it soon. Take care and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to see that film with Tom Hanks. I read the book it's based on and loved it. Rosie singing like Whitney Houston on the way to the pedicure made me laugh! Hope you continue to improve in your health. That is a long time to feel so weak and out of breath.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !