20 Feb 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND FEBRUARY 18




This beautiful Bernese mountain dog was our neighbor for more then 10 years. He loved our cats, let them sleep in his doghouse and stayed outside in the rain ! He also loved Rick very much as he brought him a real bone from the butcher each Sunday !

 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

*********


WEEKEND

My ancient neighbor and friend Dominique the mom of Yanouk the dog you see above, spent the weekend with me. We do that when we go out together, so that she doesn't have to drive in the evening. We have travelled so many times together that's almost like holidays when she stays. This time  we wanted to go to the theater with my neighbors, to the performance reserved for the seniors. 

She came in the afternoon and as usual I was the driver. We were four. As we all gathered in the garage in front of my car I heard Dominique talking to my neighbor Louquette, and I was amazed that it was like they had known each other for ages! And indeed what a coincidence, the two have known each other for as long as we have. How small the world is. 

When we were neighbors, our kitchen windows were just opposite. We know each other since 2006

The play was called "The first name" and was very funny. Then we went back home and of course the two will see each other again at my place when the weather is a bit better. 

On Sunday we took it easy, we got up when we woke up, and we were in our bathrobes until 11 and chatted and talked about the past when Rick walked Yanouk and brought him bones, and Dominique and I remembered our travels we had done quite a lot together and it's not finished because we will do the cruise on the the Danube together ! We watched our cruise on YouTube and purred together it will be wonderful.

Then it was already time to leave, and I lazily finished the day, blogging and watching an animal program on TV. I am still not running at 100 %, a day with doing nothing but to rest, is certainly good for me. I am always tired !




6 comments:

  1. What fun memories and a fun time with friends. Being tired is good if it comes from having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking pup and a great friend to Rick. I've seen very few pups that loved kitties though.

    It's good to have a long time friend that you enjoy traveling with. I know there will be lots of pictures on your upcoming cruise.

    You rest and get your strength back.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post- thanks for sharing the wonderful stories and photos! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy coincidences bring such pleasure. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doggy looks quite friendly.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful dog!!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !