22 Feb 2023

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY- CARNIVAL






 
 
Carnival in Nivelles the next town after Waterloo ! Not to be an exception, I quickly had bought these two wigs !

Before knowing Rick, each year I went to Bonn and stayed with my school friend for the three days and we went dancing every evening. I didn't like the Belgian Carnival, when I was 18 and also I didn't speak very well French, I wanted to go back where I had celebrated since I was a child.




Linking to Wordless Wednesday here, and Image-in-ing

7 comments:

  1. Now that´s colorful event. What are they celebrating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you two in silly and funny wigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little children's colourful costumes - great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admittedly not a thing here. Terrific shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They celebrate a lot in some American cities as well.
    That sure looks like a big affair, a fun parade and costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very colourful carnival. Love the old photos. You were very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The children are adorable in those little costumes. When I saw the picture, court jester comes to mind. I don't understand the wigs but the first thing that popped into my head was the children's animated character Sonic the Hedgehog. Are you familiar with it? That's certainly a fun picture and one filled with good memories for you. lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !