11 Nov 2022

FRIDAY's FAVORITE FIVE

On Monday the weather had changed and it was cooler and cloudy. My new friend Jeanine, who lives also in our building and whom I had met during one of the excursions organized in Waterloo had asked me if I am also going to Switzerland for 5 days. I had completely forgotten that twice a year they organize a longer trip. As I had nothing special to do I thought I look a bit deeper into the program and I googled where this town Berkenried was located. It was at the four lakes in the German speaking part of Switzerland and the pictures looked beautiful.

Then I googled on YouTube for the Hotel and it was directly at the lake in this charming little town. Suddenly I felt much better, jumped on the phone, and booked for me a room ! Then I got the detailed program and it was really interesting. So much to see  ! 

In the afternoon Adeline came over to say hello to Rosie and I showed her where I would go. Normally she also goes with us, but this was too far for her. She had always traveled with her husband, even to Thailand, but now as a widow she only stays in Belgium or Holland, not far away from home !

The next day I wanted to visit Nicole, but it rained so much that I preferred to stay home, but I called her. She was a little depressed, because her grandson had taken her to see her cat who lives now with her daughter and the cat didn't even notice her ! I tried to comfort her saying that a cat is not a dog and is more attached to the house were she lives and probably she feels happy there and she goes so well along with the little dog. She should be happy that Isis found such a nice home. But she thinks she can go back home again and the cat won't go with her. Of course she can never return home, but I preferred to say nothing not to hurt her. 

The birthday gift for grandson Toby had arrived and I had to pick it up in a supermarket. We do it the modern way, he sends me the link to the store with the things he wants to have (only one of course, he is modest) and he had chosen a headphone and a dart game, in the hope that he will get the two, and of course he will ! I picked up the headphone, made my shopping and quickly returned home. The darts were out of stock. Now I have to choose another gift with him, he will come over the weekend.

I had bought a straw wreath and decorated it with dry red berries. I hang it on the white door which separates me from my neighbor and which always looked so dull. I also prepared the terrace for winter, I managed to put the chairs under the table but the plastic cover which I would have to put over the whole thing was too heavy for me, so I wait for grandson or son to help me.

The trees haven't lost their leaves yet, I compared the pictures of this year with the once from last year and stated that last year the trees were more naked and had lost their leaves more than this year.


Rosie continues her four season sleep




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. oh how I would LOVE to spend a week in Switzerland. You are blessed indeed. It's been on my bucket list for years. I've only been to Munich (quick plane change) and Paris and Rome. How I long to go to the lakes/mts in Switzerland. I'll be living through you and your photos if you post any.
    That's nice you could spend time with your friends and her cat.
    How fun to shop for your grandson. My daughters do the same: they create google docs for their xmas wish list and include the links to specific items. Makes it easy to choose what to get them!
    Have a wonderful week...when do you fly to Switzerland??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a trip to Switzerland! It looks lovely! We do gifts that way, too--we create "wish lists" with links to where the items can be found online. I so appreciate being able to get just what they want (and receiving just what I want as well. :) ) Happy birthday to Toby! That's a nice wreath on your door. It does help visitors when something distinguishes one door from another.

    Our leaves have hung on longer than usual, too. I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That holiday in Switzerland sounds absolutely wonderful!
    Happy Birthday to Toby! I am glad you will get to see him this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandchildren is under 6 and my gifts are pretty safe. But who knows in a few years I will do what you do or send money.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a super trip to Switzerland, my second home in the seventies and up until 1999 when Mother in law passed away and no more need to visit. It is a beautiful country. I hope you have nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not far from Thun, Bill's hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have had a fruitful week.
    What a good time you will have when you go to Switzerland.

    I hope you have an enjoyable time with your son and grandson when they come over to visit.
    I wish Toby a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased you still have that spirit of adventure. Your trip sounds wonderful and I'm sure you will enjoy the spectacular scenery. The trees here are still hanging on to their leaves. The weather is mild with temperatures of 16 deg C. In Nov ember Iwould never go out without gloves or hat but these days I sometimes don'teven need a coat!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !