10 Nov 2022

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 10

1. Last time you were 'dressed to the nines'? 

I really have to rake my brain, probably last Christmas when Rick was still with us. After he passed away, I didn't dress to the nines !

2. Something recently that had you on 'cloud nine'? 

Certainly not, I have to get used to the fact that since 6 month I am a widow and have lost the only man I ever loved. We have been happily married for 53 years.

3. Tell us about a time, circumstance, experience, or decision you made where the saying 'a stitch in time saves nine' proved true. 

When I got all the succession papers from the State and was supposed to fill them out, and almost drowned in them! They are so complicated here in Belgium, although  I was a very simple case. Then I got myself a notary before I went insane

4. A recipe you make that calls for exactly nine ingredients? 

I don't cook anymore and don't remember will not remember any recipe !

5. This coming Friday is Veterans Day in the US of A. Will you mark the day in some way? Are you a veteran? If you live outside the US does your country have a day dedicated to celebrating veterans? 

In Europe we don't have Veterans Day, we have a bank holiday to remember the end of the first world war, but not the second, and not in all countries either. 

The Germans have no veterans, I think they don't even have a graveyard for soldiers. In any case I never heard of it. It's sad that all the mothers don't even know where their sons died, only because a whole country listened and believed a crazy, sick male who promised heaven on earth. All we got was hell !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It's difficult to be optimistic, today I wanted to pick up the birthday gift for my grandson, all shops closed there is a general strike. No public transport, the airports are closed and so are the schools. Thank god I don't mind staying alone and keeping myself busy. Not with household stuff, but I like to decorate or turn my photos into art. I've done that too.


 

 I'm also preparing my trip, I'm going with a group from Waterloo to Switzerland for 5 days. A bit of variety is definitely good for me! 

Seeligberg

 


 

 

Click on "Atom" beneath, if you can't comment !

5 comments:

  1. I hope that strike doesn't last too long, what a drag.

    And I wish for you a safe and happy trip to Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being in the UK when it was US Veterans Day. I think the UK have the same day. It's a bit sad about the lack of German war graves for soldiers. So many were just innocent young men. Switzerland should be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous trip to Switzerland, it will be good to get away! Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip to Switzerland! Such a beautiful country and one I'd love to see more of one day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !