7 Oct 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

 

The week started with cloudy weather and it was cool. I decided to do my laundry and while the machine worked I worked too, I played a bit with photos of Rosie and made some creations. I love to do that, it lets me forget what is going on around me or from worries and sorrow.

And here are three creations. 

Cat Rosie still sleeps the whole day with not more then 3 little interruptions, plays "tornado" during the night. I have to sleep with earplugs because she is quite noisy when moving the rags around and runs around in circles while growling like a dog !

 
She mostly eats during the night and also tidies up the kitchen. I always find a mouse in one or two bowls.

After now 4 months I finally had an appointment with my notary to sign the succession documents !

I left the house early, because she has her office on the country side a little more then 15 km from Waterloo. Fortunately I did, because my not so old GPS always suggested me a town which I hadn't seen on the map. So I continued and followed the signs. But "she" (female voice) insisted. Finally I followed her and got completely lost.

I found myself in the middle of nowhere on a very narrow way, but I was not alone a group of cows surrounded me and looked into my windows ! My car is as big as a cow, and I felt a bit small, but I am not afraid of cows opened a bit the window and said hello. Then I took my phone and looked for Waze. I put the address in and let her start, which she did and then both GPS directed me one to the left the other to the right. 

I didn't know whom I should follow and did what I shouldn't have done, I followed my instinct, which says right but means left. I called the notary to tell her that I got lost. But this day there was only a phone voice telling me that the office is closed. I tried a message which didn't go through. 

Meanwhile it was 3 pm, hour of my appointment. It was now one hour I had turned around. Suddenly I saw a large street with signs ! I was about 20 km too far ! No idea what had happened and the two GPS were still suggesting all kind of directions. I turned them off. The phone rang, it was the Notary asking me where I was. I told her my miseries and she directed me, I was on the right street now and only had to look for the number. She also told me that the office was besides a bank. 

My designation was close ! So close that according to Waze I had arrived, but there was no house number 42 ! I parked my car became really angry and had enough. 

I asked a girl in a bicycle shop where this notary office was. She laughed apparently I was not the only one who didn't find it, because not only the house number was not visible,  her office also was on the second floor ! She could have told me. !

I apologized and she said it was so easy to find, yes I said if you know where, then she read me all the pages and asked if I was okay with it. What they (the state) wanted to know! We left out the illegitimate children, didn't mention my car and everything else was probably right. Then I signed. My son also had to sign, although he doesn't inherit anything, but that's probably for when I die. Anyway he signed per computer, don't ask me how that works !

In fact, the way home was so easy, that I probably couldn't find it because of this reason. I was home in 20 minutes, exhausted but very relieved ! I swore never to look after papers again, Rick had probably thrown away a lot and kept the year 2014, I don't know. What counts, the nightmare is over.

The next day I had to go for my 4th Covid vaccine. I had done all my shopping so that I don't need to go out if ever I get sick after the vaccine, which had not happened so far. As my neighbors have no car or never learned to drive, it's difficult to ask them to do shopping for me. I am the chauffeur of the building.

I still had got an appointment, but my neighbor came with me without appointment and she got it too. It was quickly done and then we had to wait 15 min, but nothing happened and we returned home. 

The container in which the vaccinations took place were in an area where once fields used to be. The fields are still there but with streets now and horrible buildings. I had a friend who had an appartment in the the first two buildings and it really looked like in the middle of nowhere, no shops, no doctors, no public transport nothing. Meanwhile other buildings had been built, but it all looked very ugly.

The 4th






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. The cat pics are so cute!! I'm allergic to cats so don't go near them. Glad you found your way......LOVE the cow scenes!! Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ordeal with the GPS. I'm glad you finally found the office you needed and got everything signed. Hopefully that's the end of the paperwork. Funny about Rosie putting her toy mouse in her bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journey to get the paperwork finalised sounds like a nightmare but I'm glad you've got it all done at last. Cute pics of Rosie. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cat tornado is a good alternative name for the zoomies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that was a tortuous trip, what with all the crazy GPS non directions. Glad you found it eventually. Sometimes I find a good old fashioned paper map to be better than GPS.

    I liked seeing you kitty art. Very pretty!

    I hope you don't have too many issues with the vaccine...i had mine too, and the bivalent one as well, other than feeling like a pin cushion, and a sore arm, I was fine.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what an adventure you had. Crazy GPS. Glad you eventually found it. We have to put our cat in a room downstairs otherwise he meows all night long increasing in volume if we don't respond and no one gets sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the photos of Rosie. They look very artistic. I hope you had a good weekend. Here it's still too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. What a mess to get to the notary. But at least the cows were welcoming.
    I'm glad it is all finished now.
    It's a good thing Rosie is so cute and photogenic since she is so loud and wild all night.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !