13 Jul 2022

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY

 


What melted Rick's heart like butter in the sunshine, was his love for cats and kids. And I saw it  at his funerals all little friends of our son were there meanwhile middle aged adults, but they had never forgotten the way he played with them when they were small kids.



more participants here, and Image-in-ing here

 

********

It's already 7 weeks now that Rick passed away. After 13 days in a Wellness  Hotel in Djerba, I am back since the first of July. Although I lived alone in this apartment for about a year, I never felt alone, because he was still there and I could visit him. Now he is really gone and I still don't realize completely. 

I stay mostly at home and go only out for shopping. Sometimes I go with my two neighbors for a lunch. I only feel good here in my home and don't feel lonely either. I do the administration work which they ask and which are already done. This makes me crazy because I have to call and tell them to look in their files. Everything is in order and still I get papers. Then I call and they tell me to throw them away ! There excuse is that each case is different !

 I also sort out my photos and put my blog posts together as I want my blog printed. So the days go by and I wait that my energy comes back. 

The Covid starts again and in some places we have to wear masks again. It doesn't bother me, because I seldom go out. I don't know when I am ready to write again, I miss it really, but I have like a blockage. The fuel for my motor is gone with him. I am, as the whole world, in an energy crisis, only mine is private.  

Rosie feels like me !


   
I think I should follow this quote !

9 comments:

  1. I love your words "melted Ricks heart like butter in the sun", and the photos of him and the cat and children. He left a legacy of love in that way. I am a widow for five years and can relate to the strange new life without our partners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your time and don't put any pressure on yourself to go out and about again. Seven weeks is not very long but I am sure little by little you will regain your motivation to do things again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! Lovely photos of Rick and kids!
    Photos and memories are all that remain behind when people die. I would also like to turn my blog from 2008 to present into some sort of booklet. I just don't know how yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you can't comment just click on "Subscribe to : Post Comments (Atom) then it works. A new invention from Bloogle Glogger, I have to do this on many blogs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blogger junk is SO annoying...but so far it is fine on your blog, Thankfully!! Sometimes the changes they make are such a pain.

    I am glad you enjoyed the time you had abroad...and yes, love such as that your Rick gave to others leaves a legacy that keeps on long after they are no longer with us.

    Take all the time you need to feel better and more inspired. Everyone who is grieving does so on their own terms. I love you no matter what you do or don't do.

    That evil virus is trying to turn our lives upside down here too. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back safely. It is still early days yet - give yourself time to adjust to your new situation. Lovely pictures of Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband died on January 7 of this year, so I know some of what you're experiencing. May God grant you comfort and peace and provide angels to help you along the path that lies ahead.
    Thank you so much for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/07/a-few-things-blooming-around-homeplace.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This probably feels like the longest seven weeks of your life. But grief takes a long time, and each person experiences it in their own way. I wanted to isolate, too, when my mom died at what seemed like much too early an age. Life is forever changed, but it can be good again in time.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !