14 Jul 2022

HODGEPODGE JULY 14

 1. Do you like the beach? How far do you have to drive to get to the nearest beach? Your least favorite thing about the beach? Last beach trip you took? 

Yes I like the beach, the nearest we have is only 100 km from Brussels to the coast. I like to lay on a beach bed and watch the waves and the people in the water. The last beach trip I took was 2 weeks ago in Tunisia more precisely the Island Djerba. The beach there was not so nice because it was sometimes full of algae depending on the strong wind. Not always but sometimes. I stayed on a terrace on my beach bed and watched the people fighting with the algae.


2. Are you known for making waves or are you more of a 'go along to get along' kind of person? Explain.

I am an old Grandma when it comes to water, waves and swimming. I don't like water in my face and swim like a giraffe with my head out of the water making my neck as long as possible. I avoid waves of course and kids who play and splash water around. I prefer sitting or laying and watching and babble.

3. A favorite song that in some way references the beach? A favorite book and/or movie with a beach-y setting? 

Can't remember any song, book or movie concerning a beach. Maybe a movie but I forgot the title when, a very much in love couple laying on the beach, suddenly touched the cold corpse of a murdered person ? 

4.Tuesday is National Simplicity Day...what's a simple pleasure you've enjoyed this week? What's something you could eliminate from your life to make things simpler? 

Sitting on my terrace at 3 am and watching a little fox wandering around. At the same time there was a wonderful round moon in the sky.

 I think I eliminated already all things from my life to make it simpler. 

5. What's something you love to do? Do you do it often? Why or why not? 

For the moment as the weather is so nice and warm, and when I wake up in the middle of the night I sit on the terrace and watch the nightlife from the 4th floor : squirrels, foxes and bats (first I thought it was a pigeon which woke up at the same time as me).  I had never seen bats flying around me. Then I think that it is amazing what I can see in the middle of a town. Of course I do it often each time I wake up in the middle of the night.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think since the death of Rick I changed. I, who liked to discover new things every day, to travel as much as possible, now I prefer to stay home alone, and I don't feel lonely, I just think that this way nobody can hurt me as some so said friends have done in the worst time of my life. 

That's the second post I tried to write, at least it is a start. 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. if you can't comment just click below on "Subscribe to : Post Comments (Atom) then it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect my comments have gone to your spam folder. Click on your dashboard, comments on the left and a drop down arrow at the top to see what have been classed as spam comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. You should be proud of yourself writing such a long post so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see you post again. I hope you manage to do so every now and then. I'm trying hard to get back into a blogging routine. My mother is like you. She prefers to stay at home these days. Sometimes it's the safest place to be. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ways from ocean. But we have lot of pretty mountain lakes.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live at the Atlantic ocean for about 18 months when I had my first job, 200 miles from home...now we have to do 'beach' at a local park. NO comparison!
    My brother lives not too far from the Pacific ocean...and there are also mountains nearby, he has the best of both!

    Glad you had a good vacation, beach and sea inclusive.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !