5 May 2022

HODGEPODGE May 5

1. May Day! May Day!...last time you shouted for help? Or maybe just asked? 

I think I never shouted for help, I have never been in such a situation and I won't shout for help to connect my computer to the printer or if I have other domestic troubles.

2. What's something you may do this month? 

Find a new Aqua Gym club, the one I have been for about 10 years became a disaster and dirty since the lockdown.  I will also do a few one day excursions to visit interesting things.

3. 'April showers bring May flowers'...is this true where you live? What's blooming? What's your favorite springtime blossom? 

Lilly of the Valley are blooming, and daffodils, cherry trees and violet little flowers. Unfortunately I don't know the names besides Roses and Tulips ! I don't have a special springtime flower, I love spring bouquets !

a park in Brussels in spring


4. What's something you learned at your mother's knee? 

I can't remember anything what my mother teached me when sitting on her lap. I was far too tall to sit on her lap when I started to live with my parents. I sat more on my grandma's lap, she taught me a lot not necessarily when I was sitting on her knees !

Grandma and me in 1945

5. Share a thought about motherhood. 

When you listen to mostly men, in each woman is a future mother hidden, which is absolutely not true. Some women just are not made to be mothers and have no interest at all in being one. The poor Queen Victoria had 9 children whom she hated all. She hated babies and made the life of her children miserable. As a Queen she could do what she wanted at least at that time. I worked in the model job and there were many girls who didn't want to be pregnant because it made their body ugly ! And if a woman doesn't want a child but has to, what happens ? It's the child who pays the bill, unwanted, mistreated, pushed from family to family or ends up in an orphanage.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have the impression to sit between two benches, I am not myself, I feel like the "old lady with the cat"and mentioning cat, realize that Rosie the cat has her birthday today 15 years !

 

Rosie with her mum, at home with us, she just fitted in my bread basket and now with me in the appartment.

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Rosie. I'm sorry to hear that your aqua club is not as good as before, it seems many thigs have changed since Covid entered our lives. I'm sorry you are having a problem commenting on my blog. I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem but Blogger has changed the comment box so who knows what else it might have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember myself shouting for help while in an elevator .Very unpleasant experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of you and your grandmother must be a precious thing. I hope it is there for family history. Someone will be keen in the future of knowing family history and great great grandma Gattina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of you and your grandmother. My mother should not have been a mother. No one seems to care how the unwanted children fair, at least not in the USA. I can tell you, we do not fair well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your photos and your thoughts. I do agree that there are some people who should not be parents, and there are people who just decide it's not for them. I myself love being a mom.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !