19 Apr 2022

TRAVEL TUESDAY

On Easter Saturday I went to the Waterloo Lion, to have a coffee and then go to Rick. Before the renovation of the site for the 200th anniversary the site was always packed with tourists from the whole world, plus the locals. Now you only see tourists, no locals anymore. 

To my surprise there was a little show going on French soldiers against the English and Scottish once.

I thought on TV I see wars and now again, but this one was cheerful, because of the colorful uniforms and the all the death which resurrected after a while, slapped each other on their shoulders and went back to the others. 

 

Not many people climbing up the 53 (renovated) steps.




The commanders yelled
and a dead soldier lay on the canon (be reassured he wasn't dead for long !)


 

Sometimes the canons shot and made an horrible noise

and smoke !

After having demolished all historical houses, the new built should represent the"Bivouac of the emperors" They tried their best inside that it looked old, it's nice but not old ! There were not many people outside and the terrace in front of the Lion was not open yet. 
What I like at this place is, I have the feeling that I am on holidays when I see people from all over the world armed with their cameras admiring the battle field !

 


 

 Linking to

TRAVEL TUESDAY

 THROUGH MY LENS

4 comments:

  1. That sure looked like a great show/re-enactment! How special that you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly older people would want to see the lion, but there isn't a lift or escalators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy I live in Waterloo and can even see the Lion in winter when there are no leaves ! I know the Lion when he wasn't for tourists yet and it costed nothing to climb up there !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wonder what the men who fought there would make of re-enactors.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !