14 Apr 2022

HODGEPODGE APRIL 14

 1. Do you celebrate Easter? If so what are your plans this year? Did you have egg hunts as a kid?

Of course we celebrate Easter especially in Germany where I am coming from. Meanwhile the Belgians do it too, there is only a very strange difference we get our eggs from the Easter Bunny, while in Belgium and France the bells from Rome bring the eggs. Difficult to understand ! But as a bunny is more cute then a church bell, you see more bunnies here now then bells ! On the above picture you see my Easter tree from last year. I have no plans this year. Probably I will see Rick.

I also had a lot of fun in collecting the hidden eggs, which my grandma had colored in all colors and my grandpa hidden in the garden. So well that sometimes the following year I found an egg or two from the year before !  

2. What's your favorite bread to find in a bread basket? 


 

A baguette (French long bread) 

3. Your favorite chick flick? 

Google explained to me that  Chick flick is a slang term, sometimes used pejoratively, for the film genre catered specifically to women's interests, and is marketed toward women demographics. They generally tend to appeal more to a younger female audience and deals mainly with love and romance.

Nothing for me I love movies like Midsommer Murders, Vera, or Lewis  

4.Tax day is rapidly approaching in the US of A...what's something you currently find 'taxing'? 

Same here unfortunately nothing to do. What I find scandalous is that retired people have to pay taxes on their pension, which is the money they payed every month to get a pension !!

5. Have you ever ridden in a taxi? Do you have a funny-scary-crazy-interesting taxi story to share? Do you use any of the newer taxi-like services such as Uber? 

Very often especially when I travel. Yes one day in London I asked the driver to take me to the Waterloo station. Ok, I climbed in the taxi and off we went. Then after a while he asked me from where I was coming. From Waterloo I told him. Waterloo ??? he said, so I have to drive you home ? No I answered I am coming from the city Waterloo in Belgium, where Wellington won the battle .... with the result that I had to tell him the whole story fortunately we arrived just when I finished ! I have never tried Uber for the simple reason that I never found one.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Just when I had decided to arrange my terrace it started to rain today. I want to run or fly away and leave all my worries behind me. Each day is the same when I think it over my life is like a pearl necklace.I think I badly need holidays, I have no energy since a long time I think this Covid period has affected us all !

3 comments:

  1. Good story about Waterloo.

    You don't come across Uber. You have to download the app and summon them. The first time we used Uber here, we were burnt and never used it again, but it was great in South Africa. Taxis, better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are missing your holidays because you always did so much travelling. Now of course it must be difficult planning anything with Rick not well but I hope you can manage a short break or two. I feel much more relaxed after our break away last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy myself Easter chocolate, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !