15 Apr 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I woke up at 9.30 despite the fact that Rosie probably caught up the one night we had visitors where she didn't dare to make a fuss or the flying cat, and laid out the rugs after her taste, took the dead leaves out of the flower pots and hopped on my stomach 3 times. Somehow I felt as if I was standing besides myself and drank my coffee waiting for the inspiration what to do with my day. The problem was resolved by itself, I got a message from my two neighbour girls Caroline and Florence, that they had time for me and my new computer and that they could come up (they live on the first floor and I on the 4th) to fix what was not working, which was the printer and the password to be taken out when I opened my computer. Rosie certainly won't use my computer and people I know pretend they are to old !

The password problem was really a problem as my stubborn computer refused to open without password ! But generously allowed to change it. So I just took 4 numbers which I will never forget, The date when Rosie was born ! I suppose that lots of people use the birthdays of their kids, wives, husbands etc but less their cat. Poor Caroline lost a lot of time with the printer connection and finally had to go, but she will come back as soon as she has time. Meanwhile Adeline came too to bring me a portion of Paella which she had cooked again for a whole army. So she had more than enough to feet me too. I was very thankful, because I just didn't know what to eat for supper I was not hungry. Finally it was a nice afternoon.

In a sudden attack of energy I took my car and went into the next town because there was a specialized sport shop in the shopping mall and they had shorts and summer jogging trousers I wanted to buy for Rick. 

That was the first time since a year that I made a "long" trip with my car and even used the highway ! I was happy that I hadn't lost my driving skills and was very relaxed behind the stirring wheel, far more then when I stayed home or walked ! Just the opposite of the women around me who don't dare to drive anymore only the ways they know by heart for their shopping.

I found the shorts and also a chocolate Easter bunny and little eggs. As Rick doesn't read anymore but loves to move around little things, I bought a game with different wooden cubes in different shapes you have to put together to form a square. It is for 4 years old but I don't care as long as he likes it and he has something to do. I am curious to see how he reacts and what he will do with the cubes.

Satisfied I drove home and called the girls Florence and Caroline, that I am back and they came immediately to connect my printer to the computer. While Florence and I chatted, Caroline was busy with the printer and suddenly hurray it worked ! Then we chatted about all kind of things and they wanted to see our wedding pictures. They are a young couple and very much in love ! After an hour they left because they had to pack to go to Paris to the Opera. I will look after Crowley their cat.

Miss Rosie after 15 years has discovered the television ! She had always ignored it although the screen is quite big, but when I watched a  report about a shelter, she suddenly sat on the table and looked into the screen and this time she really watched, because she moved her tail and turned her head around 

Now that spring has moved in the trees started blooming over night ! Really strange in the evening they were naked and the next morning they were all in pink !

I think this weekend I ask Maria to help me to transform the winter terrace into a summer living ! The furniture is covered with a big plastic cover.



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

5 comments:

  1. Is the password to access your computer or Windows? It is not hard to remove the password for Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend, it's good to read about your day and shopping trip. What a sweetie Rosie is watching the shelter program. She has become a close companion to you. I'm glad you got your computer sorted. All my passwords point back to something about my cats. My life is ruled by my animals: Missy the little cat is very demanding and wakes me by climbing on my stomach. This gets Skabby, the dog puts his head on my stomach and I have to get up. Mama and Chappie just wait patiently all the time. Have a great weekend. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a good present for Rick to play with. I suppose it's easy to lose confidence with driving if you don't go very far so well done for travelling outside your comfort zone
    . Great to have neighbours who can fix technology problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some cats are odd about television or computers. I saw a youtube clip the other day with a cat watching a clip with two cats talking to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have friends who can help with the computer! I'm glad it all started working again. I hope Rick enjoys his new things. Funny about the cat noticing the TV for the first time. It will be nice to set up the terrace for spring. I am hoping we can do the same for our back patio some time soon. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !