3 Feb 2022

HODGEPODGE FEBRUARY 3

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge landing on Groundhog's Day sounds about right. Besides the Hodgepodge what else lands on your calendar just once a week? Is it as much fun as the Hodgepodge-ha!? 

For the moment I have no "once a week" on my calendar, but twice a week yes, I am visiting my husband in his retirement home. 


2. The Winter Olympics begin on Friday, surrounded by much controversy. Will you be watching? Why or why not? Have you ever been to China? 

I have never been to China, and will never go there either. I like to read the history of the old China before it became a communist country. I also love all books of Pearl.S.Buck. 

Chinese family

 I never watch Olympic games, I am not a sportsgirl at all ! It doesn't even interest me. Sometimes I watch the shows at the beginning and the end.

3. Something in your life lately that has felt a bit like an 'olympic event'

I am sorry but I don't know what an "olympic event is" Even Google couldn't explain, it's either the history of the Olympics or what kind of sport participates . As I am as sportive as a snail, nothing really exciting happened lately in my life !


 

4. Do you like fondue? Sweet or savory? Restaurant only or do you own your own fondue set? 

Oh yes, and we eat it quite often especially when it's cold weather ! It's so easy to do and yes I have a fondue set. It's the ideal meal to serve when you have vegetarians amongst your guests. 

5. Give us five short (2-3 word) phrases to sum up your January. 

boring, grey, misty, rainy, depressing

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think it is about time to get a better weather, that the Covid circus ends, and that we return to our old life  without restrictions, no masks anymore and at least some events !



3 comments:

  1. I do like some of the Olympic events, but I don't have a lot of time to watch it. LOL!
    think I would call my self an armchair athlete! LOL!

    I lake your thoughts for #6, and the cartoon made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not watch any of the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love fondue too. My MIL is Swiss so it's always been something we eat from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !