11 Feb 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE

On Monday despite the eternal bad weather I went out anyway to look for a lamp that worked without electricité. The light in my basement was broken and I had to use my mobile light to see what I had in the basement. I had completely forgotten. Unfortunately I didn't find a suitable lamp at all and thought I'd better have a look on the internet. I've noticed that stores have less items in store but far more choice on their web page. I wanted a lamp which I also could use on the terrace because the light there is not enough. I returned home and surfed the web, without any success. I think I must look for a camping light. A very exciting day.

It was time to go shopping my fridge was empty and my son wanted to come on Saturday. Adeline my neighbor came with me and we quickly bought what we needed, me above all the waffels for Rick ! He is the best customer of the wafel producers !

When I visited him, there were no wafels anymore and I had brought him 4 packages with 20 medium-sized waffels each, he had eaten them all. It's not because he doesn't eat his meals, apparently he eats very well, but he likes to enjoy his waffels while watching TV ! Unfortunately he remains so skinny.

It was the gymnastic day and I watched them, it was so funny and cheerful and everybody gave his best. Only my lazy Rick preferred to watch and declare that he will participate the next time. I stayed there longer as forseen and chatted with four young nurses who did their practicum. Was very interesting what they told me. One was of Italian origin and Rick chatted with her in Italian, which went real good.

For the last time I had to go to the Bank to close an account which we didn't need anymore and banks are not cheap ! The "banker" tried to convince me to invest !! That made me laugh ! I asked him if he would invest his last money when he approaches his 80, which made him stammer that a saving account didn't bring me interests, which in turn made me laugh because in my coffin I don't need any interests, yes when you are young you don't think about all this.

That was all for the week, it is about time that the sun proves that it still exists, so that I can go for a little photo hunting. Meanwhile I dig in the past ! 

 Unfortunately I have no pictures of my birth !

Even Rosie's little tongue didn't manage to collect all the water which the rain had left on the chair.


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you manage to find a suitable light, a camping light sounds like a good plan. Thank you for your concern. I will be back to blogging now that I have returned to the Island. I have been nursing my dear Dad so have been away in England. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be good for Rick to converse in his home language. I hate having to do the food shopping but I don't want to be bothered to order food online either as I like to see the food I am buying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know here in United States it wiser to stuff your money in mattress, than put it in bank.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good visit with Rick, even if he was just watching the gymnastic event. We have 'wall flowers' at our nursing home, too...
    What a sweet picture of you in your childhood! It made me smile:)

    Rosie was industrious to try and drink all that rainwater, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a good visit with Rick which must have been encouraging. A shame you have no baby photos but that's a cute shot of you. How are old were you then? Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice for Rick that he was able to converse in his native language with someone. The interest earned here in Canada is laughable.
    Rosie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Rick on how yummy waffles are. And what fun for him to be able to converse with the nurse in Italian.
    I laughed at your description of your conversation with the banker. Of course they have to encourage us to 'invest'.
    I am so so late commenting on FFF--it was a wild weekend here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lament that I am not one of those people who can eat and not gain weight. I wish! Glad you had a good visit with Rick. Hope you can find a suitable lamp for outside. Your childhood picture is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !