25 Feb 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Each week when I write the post for FFF  I tell myself I should write down each day what I have done or rather not done and each time I forget. As we still have this lousy weather I stayed home and counted rain drops (not really) Fortunately I have a big mess in my pictures and also love to read what happened in the years before. Not the last two, they were stolen from my life !

Instead of Monday I decided to do my shopping on Tuesday, because a miracle happened, it was dry outside ! I bought waffles for a family of ten to bring to Rick, my stuff, and special  food for old cat lady Rosie. With 15 cat years behind  her I thought she needs special food so that she keeps me company as long as possible. 

This time I took neighbor Adeline with me to visit Rick. I have realized that when we are not alone he is easier to bear. He has changed so much, my sunny boy became a grumpy old boy, nothing is good. To protect myself when I am alone I take him down to the others. 

The week ended nicely, I went with 3 Facebook girls to a nice restaurant. We know each other from previous Facebook meetings when  the whole Waterloo group went out. Unfortunately the one who has founded the group is against vaccination and real stubborn so he can't go into a restaurant and organize he doesn't do either, I think he does his third puberty because at nearly 70 he let his thin grey hair grow until his shoulders ! He looks like an old Hippie or a homeless. So we had a lot to chat ! 

Now in the News I don't see statistics of Covid variations anymore nothing, it's not even mentioned. Before Putin invaded the Ukraine we were supposed to die of the virus and warned every day to keep distance and wear masks. So why nobody of our dear politicians has the idea to send parcels to Putin and his soldiers full with Covid infected gifts. That would end the war because as the Virus is supposed to be so dangerous Putin would land in a hospital with a mask on his nose and the soldiers in military hospitals and the war is ended. Anyway maybe that will happen even without gifts, because the soldiers don't wear masks and don't keep distance !!


Rosie doesn't give a damn what happens in the messy world of humans




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you survived the storms. It has been a horrible spell of weather here too but today is bright sunshine to cheer us up. It's certainly a worrying time with what's going on in Ukraine. I like your idea of spreading Covid to the Russians but I'm sure that they will have all been vaccinated - without any choice like your Facebook friend. We are now no longer required to isolate if we get Covid - just advised to and they are phasing out free tests so soon we will all be mixing with one another and "living with Covid". Well hopefully living with it and not dying from it but it's not clear how vulnerable people will stay protected. I'm not sure our Government is any less stupid than Putin at times. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep a running list of things I want to include in FFF in the Notes app on my phone. But sometimes I forget, then when I sit down to write my FFF post, I can't remember what went on during the week. :D

    I'm sorry Rick has changed so much. Good idea to bring someone with you to visit him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a pretty good week! War is sad. My prayers are with the Ukrainians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep a list on my Friday calendar page for FFF, because my memory is so poor! As long as I remember to start the list! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to watch someone you love change so much. Good idea to bring someone with you.
    I do write down what happens each day, but then I forget to check my notes when I am writing...
    I like Rosie's attitude to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie has her priorities in order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It been a while since I had waffles.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard when our loved ones go through personality changes with sickness and age. I'm sorry you are experiencing that with Rick. It's hard to visit my Dad at times too as he's very grumpy now. But I know he still appreciates that visit. Now you have me craving waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your idea of a group visit it great! It will help ease the sadness for you and the clear the clouds, maybe, for Rick.

    I love your idea of virus gifts. LOL!!! It might even work! Hah!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !