21 Feb 2022

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND FEBRUARY 19

 






 

 Linking to AWWWW MONDAY 

 

 

********



WEEKEND

On Saturday people recovered from the terrible storm Eunice that had swept across Europe and of course here in Belgium too. With some Facebook friends we wanted to have lunch,  but after listening to the weatherman  we decided it would be better and more reasonable to postpone it  to next week. 

 

Dear Eunice had done some damage! I wanted to know why the storm is actually called Eunice and found out that it was a Greek name and according to the Dictionary, the name Eunice is “a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “good victory””. In WIKIPEDIA the explanation was quite confusing becausee Eunice was a Greek woman, but also mentioned in the bible as a mother of a certain Thimoty of whom I had never heard. Finally I was so confused that I only kept in mind that Eunice meant  Victory and demolished everthing in her way. But who gives such a names, and why ? Indeed she had shown her victory over whole Europe. Finally I gave up and thought it's better to "repair" the damages on my terrace it was not very much just that the fake green grass carpet had folded itself into two. I fixed it with two heavy stone cats and returned to my computer.

In the afternoon I visited Rick, he hadn't heard the storm and nothing was damaged outside the residence. I put the laundry in his closet which he doesn't like at all because he wants to talk with me and not watching me "work". Finally we joined the others in the living room and I tried to show him a few pictures, but he litteraly jumped from one subject to the other and is was quite hard to find out what he meant. It's not getting better, it gets worse.  When he started to look at his watch all the time I understood, it was time leave, what I did. It was still windy but not at all like the day before.

Sunday was not better except the wind ! It blow a little less but it rained and it was grey. My neighbor who had covered his swimming pool with a tarpaulin, for the winter because of the falling leaves, had a hole in it from what I could see, he walked up and down and scratched his head, probably a technician has to come. 

I felt like a walking dead and watched a documentary about the former Belgian Queen. As she had arrived from Italy to Belgium in the same year as I, to marry her Belgian prince, I knew most of the story which hadn't been published in Belgium ! In the 60th it was still possible to tell the press to not publish in Belgium, but in Germany I had read everything about this pretty princess and later in German Newspapers. 

She was 20 when she arrived in Belgium, coming from a cheerful noble family who lived  on the countryside in the sunny Italy to the rainy grey Belgium in a palace with old rules which have fortunately changed ever since.

After having pitied the poor girl, I continued with my blog for a while and then returned to the TV. Rosie settled down on my lap and we spent the rest of the day like that !:

And while I spent a calm and cosy day, I got a picture from grandson Toby who arrived with his parents in Austria for ski holidays.

what a nice Austrian saussage !

6 comments:

  1. Toby has a yummy 'worst'!

    Eunice was quite naughty. wow! What a mess.

    GLad you are fine, warm, dry and cozy with Rosie to help you stay comfy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you weren't as stupid as some people who went out shopping in the middle of the storm and were blown down the street.
    Like Germany, sausages and beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been some bad wind storms over here in the US as well. Glad you are alright and nothing happened to you building. That sausage with the broetchen looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww on your kitties. They bring us such comfort.

    I'm sorry Rick is doing poorly. It's so hard to watch them have issues.

    Your grandson is most handsome.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh Rosie is so lucky to have you as does your Rick! You are so kind and caring. Love the photo of Toby and his enormous meal! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie has precisely the right idea for such an occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !