17 Dec 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

After having seen my head in the mirror on Monday, and thought I look like a mop, I decided to go to the hairdresser. Adeline, my neighbor had to go too and so we went together to Carrefour Supermarket where my hairdresser has her salon.  It's practical because you don't need an appointment. 

We were both happy with our haircut, for Adeline it was the first time, I am already an antique there. 

After that, we went to the "Lunch Garden" also in there and had lunch. It was a very good Hamburger but only the meat which sat on a potato pancake ! It tasted really nice. After that we had a look on the Christmas decorations and suggested gifts, found everything far too expensive and returned home rather tired !

I hate to do the shopping but I have to go at least once a week, but this time my freezer was empty too so I really had to go and that was enough for shopping. On my return around 4 it became dark already, that's why we have daylight saving ! If we wouldn't "save" day light it would be 5 when it gets dark !  What a nonsense !

Waterloo city was busy with building up the Christmas market ! 

These tents made me think of Arabian tents not very christmassy ! That is the first time since the 47 years I live here that I am really disappointed.

From what I saw from the street it looked a bit poor ! Also the streets have not very much decoration and as many boutiques on the main street have gone bust and are closed, it looked even sadder. Somehow the shadow of the Corona Virus hung over the city. Many events were canceled in the last minute so to speak.

I finally had finished my Christmas decoration, the only thing missing were the light garlands because for that I needed batteries. Some garlands I could connect to a power bank which is very practical, but the others had a plug !

It's still grey humid and cold and I wonder if this will never end. I thought I make a cozy day just put the batteries in my garlands and candles. For this purpose I switched on the TV and looked for some Christmas music on YouTube. 

The TV screen showed the news but I couldn't see anything properly because the screen was covered by a huge black square and there was written that if  I would make an update I could by pushing the button ???? (was written in French) my Sony remote control is in English, no button corresponded. 

Finally I first called the Internet provider (dial nr 1 for French Nr.2 for Flemish etc ) the Technician was fortunately n° 1 but still it took time to get him. Unfortunately he couldn't help me because it was a TV problem. He gave me the Technical Service n° of Son , same thing dial 123 after 15 min I finally had some human talking to me, suggesting to pull off all cables and then ... the rest I didn't even listen I got the impression that I knew more than her ! 

Finally I called my ex neighbor Isabel who always solves all problems for me. She came, took the electric cable off from the TV waited 10 sec and then pushed the button OK in the middle of the remote control ! It took not even 5 min !

It spoiled my whole day, finally a part from the laundry and running around in circles I didn't do anything but the TV ...

Grandson Toby had his 11. birthday on November 17 but as the family was looked in because Toby and then his mum had Covid, they couldn't celebrate with his friends. So they did it last weekend and my son sent me pictures ! They apparently had a lot of fun ! Toby gave up football (soccer) and is now 100 % into Basket ball playing ! I think  that suits him better as he is so tall.


Rosie didn't care about garlands, Christmas balls, and the out of work TV, she slept the whole day


 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. Rosie knows what's good. Sleep is the best for mind and body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remember Isabel's solution. It makes sense. Where is Toby's best friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas blessings to you from New York State!! Cute kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy Rosie. I had a bad night tossing and turning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, yes sleeping the day away. LOL!

    That is called resetting I think, and we do that a lot here too when things start to be wonky.

    Hope you get the nice atmosphere with your lights and garlands.
    Nice that Toby was able to have a great party, even if it was delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do any grocery stores there have online ordering? Many do here--you order what you want online and then set a time and pick it up. You drive up, call or text to let them know you're there, and they bring it out. The main drawback is that you can't always get the time you want, especially if you want it the same day. Plus if they don't have what you ordered, their substitutions are not always good. But they do give you the right to refuse substitutions.

    Glad you were able to get a haircut and your friend was able to figure out the TV thing.

    I'm glad Toby finally got to celebrate his birthday.

    Hope you have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so frustrating when technology breaks down. I'm glad you have a friend who can help. Toby is so tall and handsome. He looks like he has lots of nice friends. I need a haircut too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think Rosie has the best ideas.
    I don't even want to think what would happen if The Professor isn't here to fix the TV and computer problems.
    Great photos of Toby and his friends.
    Merry Christmas Week to you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !