14 Dec 2021

DJERBA - TUNESIA

Still not travelling, I dig in my memories ! This time I went to Djerba in March, because the weather is already warm and sunny there while here it can still snow ! I had seen Djerba before and this time I went there just to rest and get some Vitamine D ! Djerba is an Island belonging to Tunesia.

The Airport of Djerba, I liked the "bubbled" roof !

The translation is real cute !

one of the many hotels



The landscape on my way to my hotel,

My hotel "Homere"


Tunesia was the only Northern African country where I saw women working in a hotel, in Egypt and Morocco there were only men. 







The beautiful inside pool, very much appreciated because the sea was still too cold for swimming

Good food 


 
A nice garden to walk in, the flowers were already blooming


 
on the way to the beach. There had been a terrible storm 2 days before I arrived and the beach looked very dirty with the all the algals which had landed here !




 
A lighthouse

Here they had started to clean 

Even  a boat had landed here 


 
Probably in the high season July/August, the beach will be nice and clean !


 

more participants here

6 comments:

  1. What unique architecture. The photo with the two palm trees and the pool looks like paradise. You are so fortunate to have seen so much of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so inviting especially that swimming pool. At least we have lots of good memories of places we have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hotel, and the airport terminal building look nice. All the other sights- nothing to write home about.
    Tunisia is more westerly oriented than Morocco, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful hotel. It is hard to believe we have been careful about traveling for almost two years. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is a beautful place. I think they like those arches and bubbles, the theme seems to be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots. The pool looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !