11 Nov 2021

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 11

1. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you had thought about it maybe another five minutes before hitting publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? 

I don't know how I found Blogs in 2006, and they only existed in English. There were very few. I have always loved to write and I thought it would be a nice idea to write a sort of diary and I started with cat stories. As when you write with your hand you easily get cramps. That's why I named my Blog "Writer's Cramps", no and I don't want to change it because I still can get cramps !

2. What bill do you least like to pay? 

The taxes at the year's end !

3. What is your favorite word? Okay okay, calm down. How about one of your favorite words? 

I think that the only word I use in all 4 languages I speak, (Geman, French, English, Italian),  is BOF I say that each time something happens and I don't care at all ! And I don't have to translate this word, in all languages people understand what I mean.

4. Is the glass half full or half empty? Elaborate. 

I am born with a glass half full, but there are circumstances when my glass suddenly is half empty. It doesn't happen very often, it's rather seldom. But for the moment I am in a situation where it's hard to keep my glass half full. Rick on top of his Parkinson has cought the Covid. I just can't understand because he had two vaccins, one Johnson and one Pfizer. He is quite ill, it's like a big cold, caughing, sneezing and he can't speak. The retirement home is closed and I as he can't answer on the phone, he is too confused, I have to ask the nurses. My son has got him on the phone yesterday, but he couldn't understand what Rick said. I always get the same news, he sleeps a lot and doesn't eat ! If only I could talk to him then my glass could be half full again !

5. Were you here for that very first Hodgepodge post? If so, were your answers then similar to what they are today? Tell us what was happening in your life in November of 2010?  

I don't remember when I joined Hodgepodge, certainly not the very first time. I discovered it on another Blogger's post and tried. Was a bit difficult because some expressions or quotes I had never heard and therefore I learned a lot.

The most important thing which happened to me in November 2910 was that I became a Grandma ! My grandson was born on the 17th in Amsterdam and we saw him the next day..

 and today

Which makes me think that now he is already 11 and it's not so easy anymore to choose a gift.  I asked him and he wanted something which needs the participation of several family members, of course something for his computer ! I don't mind, I think it's better that he buys something himself which he likes then a gift which I would have chosen and which is not up to date anymore. 

The times when you found parcels and packages under the tree disappear or become less and less the older they get.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Something bothers me in my mind ever since I was informed that Rick has gotten the Covid. He was vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson for the first time and it didn't need a second vaccin as they said. Most of the people had gotten Pfizer. Now we all (over 60) should get the 3rd vaccin. In Rick's residence everybody got the 3rd Pfizer and he one in addition to the Johnson. And I wonder if it's not because of this Pfizer injection he had gotten shortly before he got the Covid. Unfortunately we are all guinea pigs as nobody knows exactly what not even the scientifics !

Rosie and I dealing for the first time with Covit laundry !




 

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully all sorts itself soon at the home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ן like your Grandma pictures! Your grandson looks adorable both as a baby and as an-11 year old boy!
    Hopefully, your glass will be half full again! Things will soon get better for Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry your Rick is doing so poorly with all his covid issues. I pray he will feel much better ASAP.

    When our facility was closed for Covid outbreak, we were not allowed to have family do laundry, we did it all 'in-house' to prevent more cross contamination.

    The vaccines do not actually prevent the virus from 'getting one', but they are supposed to help make the symptoms less virulent...at least that is what they say here.

    Your grandson was a precious infant...and now a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful my bills are covered.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the Covid outbreak and know how trying that must be with you unable to visit or even speak to him. I hope he recovers quickly and without incident.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !