12 Nov 2021

FRIDAY's FAVORITE FIVE

Each time when I think that I will have a quiet day there is something happening. First I got an email that my parcel with the foot massage machine had been returned as there were nobody. I got angry because I was there the whole day and my neighbor too. I called them and told them that we had been both there and that the mailman was probably too lazy to climb out of his mini bus ! A postman doesn't exist anymore. 

Then the ambulance service called me to ask if they have to send the invoice to me or to the residence ! I was amazed, I didn't even know that Rick had been transported to the hospital and neither did my son. I asked the manager for an explanation and she apologized that because of the new rules everything is going upside down,  and now nobody can get in or out! I tried to reach Rick several times by phone, but he doesn't answer and does not call either. We are of course very worried

The next day I stuffed my freezer so that I had to eat for a while. My neighbor did the same, she can't drive and so I take her with me when I go shopping.  I didn't do anything, I just feel like a robot. I still have no news from Rick and the nurses always tell me the same. Nothing has changed but it doesn't sound good.

I brought my car to be inspected for the winter and until it was ready I was walking around in the Carrefour Supermarket looking at Christmas things and gifts, but I just didn't want to buy anything.  

Today we have again a day off ! This time they celebrate the end of the WW I !!! I mean it's nice for the working people, but who remembers the first World War except the books. 

My son called me telling me that he had spoken with the retirement home manager and he is allowed to visit his father tomorrow. I was relieved that he would come, I have the feeling that Rick doesn't make it very long. So my son goes there and I the next day. We will see what happens.

Fortunately I have Rosie with me who watches TV with me on my lap. She feels that there is something wrong with me.
 




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your son can come and visit and see what's going on with your husband. It's infuriating when you can't get any information. I'm praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel for you being in this state of limbo. It must be so hard motivating yourself to do anything when you don't know what the next day will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not informing you about the need for the ambulance was not OK.
    Hopefully , your son will bring good news on Rick's condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about Rick. I hope things get better soon. It must be quite hard on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie is keeping watch over you. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gattina, I am so sorry all this is happening with Rick. It will be a blessing to have your son visit him tomorrow.
    Cuddle up with Rosie and enjoy some restful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is inconceivable that you as spouse are denied the info you need and crave during these days of crisis at his place.
    Sure hope that your son will have a good visit with your dear Rck...and you as well, later.

    Rosie takes good care of you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !