15 Nov 2021

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND NOVEMBER





 Charlie the Golden Retriever 



linking to Awww Monday here

 

*********

 

 

WEEKEND

Saturday when I woke up I felt awful, I was sitting in a big dark hole and saw everything in black. My son had been visiting his father in a lightening visit the day before from Amsterdam and I actually hardly saw him and there was no time for anything I wanted to ask him.

After I had heard how skinny Rick had become and that he was very confused, I saw myself as a widow and I ruminated all morning what I would have to do.


 The stripteasing trees didn't help to raise my mood ! I wished it was already spring !

Although the retirement home was closed due to 6 Covid cases, I was allowed to visit Rick, they hardly could  let in the son and not me as his wife. Especially since Rick had asked for me all the time. 

The responsible nurse let me in, I just had to desinfect my hands, put on gloves and a mask. Then she told me that we shouldn't kiss and smiled. I thought I would see a skeleton and was surprised that he looked the same as he did a week ago! Not thinner and not different either. He was very happy to see me he thought I hadn't come for 3 months. I stayed an hour and then he told me that I could go now because he is tired and wanted to sleep. I took my bag and blew him a kiss by hand through my mask and when he turned around to sleep, his coffee was served. I was also offered a cup, but I wanted to go home. Now I felt really good, everything I had heard was wrong, at least for me because I usually see him every two days. It had been a week now. I was happy that he was doing better and that nothing was left of the Covid no caughing or sneezing. He's also eating a little again. At home I found a mail from the residence that all persons had been retested and all were negative !! That was good news. 

On Sunday through the Website of our community a lady had organized a "Neighbor Meeting " Unfortunately the weather was a bit humid and grey but she had put two tables together and everybody brought something to eat and drink ! 

I went with Adeline and Marie my two neighbors (above on the right the blond woman). All the others came from other buildings or houses ! And I met people I had known long time ago. The husband of a collegue who is widow since quite a long time she died of cancer. The two sons I had known as babies are adults and work now. I also met a lady who apparently is a friend of another collegue and we had been invited on his 70th birthday, I didn't remember her, but she remembered me. There was also the mother of two boys who had been in the same primary school then my son ! The world is real small.

Despite the cold, we really enjoyed our meeting. Then we all returned home and Adeline and I had a cup of coffee together and talked about all the travels we had made. She has travelled a lot with her husband and always at least 2 month away. She too had been a little bit everywhere and even in Thailand and other Asiatic countries, what I had never done.

This afternoon did me real good, for a while the big stone in my stomach which I carry along all the time had disappeared !

Rosie doesn't want to meet neighbor cats, but she loves to drink rain water !

8 comments:

  1. I am pleased that your husband is doing well and at last you can visit again. The week must have seemed so long. What a good idea of your neighbours to get together and meet one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you can see Rick and that he wanted you there. Was the gathering of people from your old neighbourhood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to see your husband and the COVID is going away in his facility. The disease is hard because you never know what person you will get when you visit. Hard as it is, you have to always remember to take care of yourself and keep your chin up as you need to be there for him and your son's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to learn from your post that Rick is as usual,and you can visit him.
    The 'Meet your neighbor' initiative is a good, beneficial one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww on the golden retriever. They are such good pups.

    You and I woke up the same way on Saturday. It took me hours to feel right. Rare occurrence, but it does happen to all of us.

    Glad you had a good visit and it made you feel good again. Excellent.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good that you can see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me feel all warm an good, because I know that you are much happier about the circumstances of Rick.
    Now you can rest easy and the world will appear much brighter. Glad you got to have a little gathering and catch up with your neighbors and friends.

    Have a nice week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear that Rick is doing well. I didn't realise he had Covid. I must have missed your post about it. My laptop has gone crazy and takes forever to load and I am not keeping up well with blogs. I am taking it to my cousin tomorrow. He works in IT and maybe can diagnose what's wrong. It's very old, that's for sure, but I only use it for blogging and to store and edit photos so i don't need a fancy new one.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !