30 Jul 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The weather continued to contest the weathermen's forecast and we had a bit of sunshine, a bit of clouds, but no rain. The elevator was still out of work and I really didn't have the courage to go down ! I decided in view of the next day's excursion to the sea to transform myself into a couch potato and joined Rosie who sleeps the whole day and jumps and plays and flies through the apartment sometimes landing on my belly,  of course during night. 

The next day I had to get up at 6 am which is a criminal time for a retired vintage lady ! I drank two cups of coffee, picked up my neighbor and we drove to the place where the bus should pick us up. Fortunately she payed more attention than I did and the bus was there, waiting for us and we waiting for it !! It was a little bus with 16 seats, and not the usual big one and that because people had cancelled because of the dramatic weatherforecast of our weatherman, again heavy rains, thunderstorms and cool weather at the coast. When we arrived it was much warmer than in Waterloo, the sun was shining and we strolled through the market. I bought some bermudas for Mr. G. and trousers for me and then we sat at the sea in a nice restaurant and had a very good meal, shrimp croquettes, salad and of course the good Belgian (and not) French fries. We spent a real nice day at the coast and had only a few raindrops.

From all that walking we are not used anymore due to the lockdown my legs hurt, but I had to go down the steps for my doctor appointment. The worst was that I had nothing, everything was Ok except me ! She told me that I feel so exhausted because of the 5 months of stress I had behind me, that I should rest and have fun !! That's a nice prescription. Then again I had to go to the health insurance because this time they had sent me a letter refusing the reimbursement of a doctor's invoice, they had sent it by snail mail and it took two weeks until it arrived ! Meanwhile they had reimbursed me ! Of course I didn't contest. When I came home I couldn't believe my eyes ..... the elevator was repaired. My neighbor and I had left our shopping bags besides my car in the garage so that her son could carry them upstairs. So we picked up our bags and relieved took the elevator I only hoped it wouldn't get stuck now in the middle of two floors. But it didn't ! For a day I wanted to do nothing, I had my share ! I looked at Rosie and decided to do like her but on the sofa and not in a basket.

The week ended with the coming back of Maria my cleaning women ! She had been in Poland to see her family and was fed up of the heat! Apparently the temperature climbed  to 34°C per day  a real July weather while we here will need the heating on soon ! 

As it was our weekly restaurant day, this time we landed  in Turkey and had an enormous plate with gyros, salad and of course Belgian fries ! After that we visited Mr. G. Unfortunately he had a bad day and it was difficult to have a coherent conversation with him. Everything was bad  ! We didn't stay long and let him complain to whoever wanted to listen.

I was so tired when I came home, that I fell asleep while typing this post and when I woke up I saw ;

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

2 lines ! 

Rosie too is tired


 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. Rosie clearly worked very hard that day at doing what cats do. Vision of you curled up in a basket. It sounds like a good day out at the coast. I is horrible when a lift fails, as they do and even though we have two, it can be long wait when one is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only from reading (not eating) about the chips and gyros I put on weight. You're tall, and probably got a good genetics that allows you to eat without thinking of weight fluctuations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice visit to the coast. I'd love to live near a coastline. For the first time I am living in a state without one. But we do have lots of lakes and rivers, and those are nice to visit, too.

    I wonder if Belgian fries look and taste different from French fries.

    So glad the elevator is fixed and the doctor found nothing physical wrong. You have been under a lot of stress recently. Hopefully things will settle into a regular routine now.

    Funny about the two lines of "i" when you were dozing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It been super hot here, so no real walks.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those iiiiiiis. Was Rosie trying to write a blog post for you?
    The trip to the sea coast sounds like the perfect outing for the week.
    I hope Mr. G has better days this next week.
    Yay! for the repair of the elevator!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that elevator was repaired. How wonderful that you took the risk and went on your coast excursion in spite of the weather forecast and you ended up with a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !