12 Mar 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE


This was quite a busy week in hanging around in the hospital with Mr. G. He had his first test just to start the week. It was a memory test I didn't want to go in with him but the doctor said yes I could, but after one question she asked me to better go out because he always looked at me for help. I knew ! I quickly left him alone with the doctor, and sat outside in a chair ! After more than an hour he finally came out, still alive, I got a handful of papers to bring to the reception, and had to pay attention not to mix up everything ! 

After that I had to go food shopping and then I fell on our sofa and tried to relax ! What a day !

The next morning started with the nurse who came at 9 am to help him with the shower and tidy up his room. Of course although he was present and watched like an eagle where she put everything in the evening he complained that he couldn't find anything anymore. 

In the afternoon my Scrabble girls arrived we were 4 one was sick and they had forgotten the Scrabble !! We all have lockdown syndroms. Fortunately I had another idea, as we want to start to paint again, but something we had never done, I switched on YouTube on TV and we watched "abstract" art ! This was all new too us and we had a lot to laugh when we saw with what the artists  painted, a barber's brush, wall painting brushes, aluminium foil and even a toilet paper roll ! But when the painting was finished it looked surprisingly very nice ! Mr. G only shaked his head and disappeared in his room.

We had to go again to the neurologist for another memory test. This time it didn't last that long and we could leave sooner. I was so distracted that I first forgot all the papers on my chair and then my purse besides the water fountain ! The reason was that I had a discussion with the girl who took the appointments she wanted to put us end April, but I refused that's far too long. I'll call the doctor directly. More then a"no" I don't risk. But before I had time to call, she had left a message, we have an appointment just beginning April ! Sometimes it's necessary to push people a bit !

Today it's very windy outside and I can see that the first leaves are coming out especially the wheeping willow is getting green ! How nice first spring signs !

It must have been a very strong wind, because I heard in the news that one of the three 300 years old trees which had seen the battle of Waterloo in 1850 finally fell in the Coronavirus year ! A coincidence ? 

The hospital it's very huge !  here you can only see the entrance.

Mr. G. had invited a friend from his Whist club to play cards. I went shopping because our freezer was empty and I had to fill it up ! Also little Rosie had no food anymore.

I don't know what they played, I don't like playing games, but these two are besotten ! They played the whole afternoon and were still playing when I came back.

A part from her food I also had bought grass for Rosie as she loves it, probably remembers her the outside times, and also two little mice. I have to keep the old girl busy, she will be 14 in May !

And while the two players still played I surfed through the comments and answered.  

It had been a very stressing week for me and I will go early to bed ! Tomorrow no doctor only the nurse in the morning.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. A no doctor day must be a nice relief. Soon your view will disappear a lot as trees gain leaves. Our view is soon to be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the dr appts and hospital visits for tests are so time consuming. But at least we have health care.
    You tube can give us so much information. The abstract painting videos were at least entertaining as well as informative.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like that's been a stressful week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I didn't realize your husband was ill again! I hope things improve for him.

    I also cannot believe you all are STILL in Lockdown??? what is going on over there? are no people getting vaccinated? or not wearing masks? yikes. We are having our public schools go full time in person (everyone still wearing masks) so the parents of young children are extremely happy about that and my vaccine as a teacher is scheduled for April 22 and my husband (due to his heart issues) is scheduled for April 23. We will be glad when this is over! We just found out we can leave state lines again and not quarantine!

    Have a restful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to so many medical appointments can be exhausting. Glad you got an appointment not too far off and he's getting the care he needs. We've been seeing signs of spring here, too--I love it. Sad about the old tree falling. I guess none of them lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does one watch abstrat art. My husband actual likes abstart art.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you managed to get the appointment moved forward. You definitely need to get the results of all the tests and treatment sorted out as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here late this week but I hope you are having a week with less Dr. appointments with Mr. G. That is tiring but I'm glad he is getting the help that needs. That made me sad to hear of that old tree.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !