16 Feb 2021

EVENT CANCELLED - CARNIVAL NIVELLES

In normal times when we are not prisoners of a vicious virus and are living in a lockdown with curfew there is a lot going on in February and the most important festival in many European countries is the Carnival. 

Of course this year no parade took place and left a lot of frustrated people ! We used to go into the next town called Nivelles 15 km from Waterloo and there each year a very nice Carnival parade took place. 








These are photos I took some years ago !

You can read more about the parade here in my Countries & Cities Blog

more participants here

10 comments:

  1. It's a very colourful parade. The kiddies in the last photo look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend. This virus has changed so much in our lives. I think of you often. I've had to change my outlook as Grant was the account holder (!) so please drop me a mail to my gmail account. johedges13ATgmailDOTcom
    I miss hearing from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there are many events which were cancelled last year and it looks as though they will be cancelled this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool shots. missing all that. I forgot how it was to go downtown (anywhere). became true mountain woman ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A whole lot has been cancelled this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We normally have a Mardi Gras bash in Floyd VA too. I just went to a drive-by baby shower. I'd rather drive by than zoom if I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The parade from years past looks wonderful with an amazing amount of creativity and work that went into it. On the news, I see that New Orleans in the US is also cancelling its yearly parade but they have decorated houses instead. Maybe next year it will all be back to somewhat normal but creativity lives on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very colourful! Hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been to Mari Gari celebration.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !