17 Mar 2020

CINQUANTENAIRE BRUSSELS

For the 50th anniversary of Belgium the King Leopold II had built the Cinquantenaire in honor of 50 years of Belgium.

It is a quite impressive monument and when I saw the Berlin Gate which is so famous I was disappointed because it seemed so small to me compared to this one ! Maybe I shouldn't say that, but for me it is the truth. I think the Berlin Gate is so famous because of its history.





On the left and right side of the gate are buildings converted to museums.










View on the park and a boulevard which leads to Tervueren


You can read more about it here in my COUNTRY CITIES BLOG





more participants here


6 comments:

  1. I think I might have to visit Brussels again at some point. We did back in the '90's, but we didn't really take in any of the beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous monument and the park is beautiful! Would love to visit there some day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s beautiful. I’ll head over to your other blog as soon as I catch up here! Great header photo too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the photos current? Are there no people because of fear of corona virus?

    Stay safe. And sorry about Arthur crossing the rainbow bridge.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see all of this in person!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !