17 Jun 2019

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JUNE 15



Best friends !


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS


********

WEEKEND

Informed by a Whatsapp message which I only saw on Thursday evening, I read that son and grandson would arrive on Saturday .... for lunch. In a household of two people the fridge is usually rather empty or just the things what the two people need ! I had to run in the evening to do the shopping for father and son. I bought as usual ham and salami, mortadella and other different ham, bought pancakes and cheese and chocolate mousse etc, so that the fridge was nearly exploding. This was really meant to please but honestly with my lack of energy it was a gigantic work ! And then what happened ? My son had changed his eating habits and after living for years with a vegetarian he has now finally become one too. I really don't mind but now I was sitting on my ham, salami, mortadella etc. Toby the grandson ate only one pancake with cheese and ham he wasn't hungry because he had eaten a sandwich before that's what he told me.



After two hours or so they left to my son's friend, Toby was invited for the birthday of Benji, the friend's son. Mr. G. who never says anything to his son but only to me was very upset to have now all this food in the fridge. I will give it my cleaning lady. This was the last time I buy things for a lunch on such a short notice !

Then came the question where to eat in the evening. I knew that Mr. G. although he loves to see his son and grandson is not in the shape to stand so many people, which meant three children plus us 2 adults. Too much noise for him, after all he is still in convalescent. I tried to explain this to my son, but he didn't understand a thing, I think he doesn't realize how hard it is to recover from a surgery when you are approaching the 80th ! I suggested to eat a Pizza in a restaurant, but no, he bought 2 enormous Pizza and we ate them here. Poor Mr. G. !



To digest the pizza they played Badminton, while we were sitting there and watching. I would have had a lot of things to discuss but that was impossible, how can you discuss with somebody who doesn't listen and who doesn't understand.



The kids at least had a lot of fun and that was the most important for me. Nearly 13 year old Camille is a very nice girl and at least with her I could talk and laugh. The two boys were too busy playing which is normal ! Only for the dessert a chocolate mousse they gathered around the table.



Cat Arthur enjoyed the visitors very much ! They offered him chocolate mousse and to their surprise he even ate a bit. Arthur is the only cat I know who loves kids ! Then they returned to their home.

On Sunday was  Benji's birthday and the parents had planned a laser game for all kids. Since weeks my friends and I had planned to go the Waterloo fest and flea market and watch the soldiers. As son didn't know when the game was finished, I went with Chantal and met with Nicole. Ilona didn't find us !





There were a lot of people who had the same idea and as the weather was so nice whole Waterloo was there.



and then Napoleon's soldiers marched in in their colorful uniforms and I thought Toby would have loved to see that. The solders were rather exhausted and VERY thirsty ! They had marched 50 km exactly what Napoleon's soldiers had done. From near Charleroi to Waterloo. They had slept in Bivouacs outside the city on a field. I know all that because some of them sat down at our table and as they were so funny and made a lot of jokes, we had a lot of fun too.



They also explained to us the different meanings of the colors and at our table was a Colonel who showed us his antique sword of which he was very proud.



Relaxing time and beer flowed in streams !



and then we had to pose with them, I don't know how many pictures they took. Nicole has tried the hat and looked so funny.



There was also a little couple sitting there.

Unfortunately I didn't see son and grandson anymore, because they said good bye to Mr. G. and then went home. I had thought they would join us.

Mr. G. was so tired that he went to bed at 8.00 it had been a little bit too much for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !