3 May 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

We returned to winter temperatures and the heatings are running full speed, especially in the mornings and evenings.

We were five for our Scrabble, a new member has joined us. Unfortunately she is so good that she made TWO Scrabbles and won of course. Nicole and I were the last onces ! As usual we had a lot of fun and the fruit cake was also very good. The fifth member is just going through a very ugly divorce battle after 39 years of marriage, which I personally find stupid, an official separation would be enough. The trouble was, she still loved him and was crying each time somebody mentioned a man. Now it's the opposite ! Thanks to a beard ! She had seen him again with a beard and the love disappeared all of a sudden, she found him so ugly ! I thought what teenage worries even the over 70 have !!

I had my shopping day, not very much to buy for food, but household products and some decoration stones for the garden. Just when I wanted to put my flowers in the 4 pots I had bought, it started to rain so I had a good excuse to sit down and watch a bit TV

With Mr. G being hospitalized I have a lot of paper work for the insurance company ! When I get all the useless papers which anyway land in the waste paper basket, I think what a waste ! It's anyway in the computer ! So finally I get all in double ! Makes me crazy.

I went with my friend Monique to visit him, and he looks a bit better. Apparently the flu and infections are gone and he could even walk with a walker of course. He also starts to notice the people around and even took the tablet in his hands I had brought him to play his beloved cards  ! So far he always had refused and spent the days looking at the ceiling ! Maybe he thought that it is a landscape in the snow. Everything I brought him to distract him a bit he refused. It seems to become better. The only thing he wants is coming home, but that is impossible according to the doctor he has to stay at least 2 to 3 weeks more. Difficult ! He is not a very patient man !

Before I went to my painting class I had again a few papers for the Health Insurance. They know me know ! Fortunately they are all young women and very friendly. I felt completely empty and had no inspiration for a painting. So I put all my stuff on the table in the hope that inspiration would drop from heaven, but nothing dropped, and I gave up. Fortunately there was another one in the same state and we chatted.



For Nicole's birthday I had her cat Isis printed on a cup ! It had finally arrived and I brought it to her. She was really happy with the gift and I was happy that I had found something what she liked, it was her 80th birthday and that's an important date !



Doesn't she look great ? And all natural, no Botox or surgery !





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

10 comments:

  1. Wow she is a beauty for 80. What is her secret? Glad to hear Mr G is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the official separation. Sometimes, we never leave our teenage years behind us.

    The paperless office never happened and nor does the paperless home happen.

    I wonder if your life will return to normal once Mr G returns? Will he return to being as he was?

    Nicole does look great for her age, and your gift was clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear Mr. G has to stay in hospital 2 or 3 more weeks, but glad he is beginning to take an interest in things again.
    I love the cat cup - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love makes fools of us all, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend Nicole looks sooo much younger than 80! She looks amazing! That cup is such a great gift and so cute :-)
    I hope Mr. G can come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birthday gift for Nicole is both practical and pretty!
    Mr G's recovery looks very promising, and that's a great relief for the family. Usually, trouble comes fast but goes away slowly, and Patience is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is she really 80? She is looking younger than me. :) Happy belated birthday to your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Mr. G. is some better - hope he continues to improve. What a cute idea the cup was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that Mr G is improving and getting about. I'm sure it must be frustrating for both of you having such a long spell in hospital but I'm sure it's for the best. Your friend looks very well for 80.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !