29 Apr 2019

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND APRIL 27




Washing day


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS



*******


WEEKEND APRIL 27

Winter has returned ! After some warm days the heating is on again, and the cats lay on the warm tiles. The rain doesn't raise my mood either !



Fortunately my friend Myriam had a good idea she asked me to come over and another friend so we could get bored  together instead each one in her house ! Which didn't happen because as man do when they are together, complaining about their wives, we complained about our husbands. But all in all the rate was not too bad. Myriam had just thrown out her boyfriend for 8 years, because he cheated on her and we congratulated her because we hadn't liked him at all ! We spent a nice afternoon and then returned home.

I spent another hour on the phone with my neighbor nurse who is very much involved in Belgian politics, but as all politicians are the same there was not one who pleased her or me and election are in front of the door ! Ridiculous is that elections are obligatory in Belgium and if you don't vote you get a fine ! And that is the reason why after nearly 60 years of life in Belgium I still have my German passport ! I don't like to be forced !

On Sunday Waterloo celebrated the 60th anniversary of the "Friterie Joli Bois". There you get your chips with mayonnaise ! The Joli Bois Fryer has been open for sixty years at the same location and has been operated by the same family for three generations. If amenities have been added over time, the structure is still the original one and even the wheels of the "fry house" are still there.




For this celebration the King's brother Prince Laurent came with his son to eat some chips and drink a beer. Nobody had to pay !



The Prince ate his "frites" with gusto !



It was a very cheerful celebration and the pink jeans of the prince had a lot of success ! Besides him stands his son and the blond lady is our mayor. Above under the 60 are friends from my painting course.

After this event, I drove to the clinic to bring fresh laundry to Mr. G and Nicole came with me. He was rather tired so we didn't stay long.

We ended the afternoon saying hello to Myriam who wanted to show us her last painting.

7 comments:

  1. It's good Myrium threw the bum out! You know, in this day and age, there is no reason for anyone to cheat. Not happy? Then be brave and break off the relationship and start again.
    Good you got to see Mr. G. Send him our best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how old Myriam's partner is?

    No, all politicians are not the same. It is too easy to say that.

    Good on the Prince for getting out and about among the people. How different to England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the story about Friterie Joli Bois and the pictures of its 60th anniversary celebration.
    Waterloo seems to be a real lovely town with nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww such sweet photos of Arthur! Good for your friend Myriam to throw out the cheater. I sure love the pink jeans the prince was wearing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arthur is looking very cute. I had no idea that it's obligatory to vote in Belgium. That's quite a nuisance it you don't want to. I think I would keep my passport too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of Arthur. Looks like a fun birthday gathering.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !