Christmas decoration in our hotel in Egypt. And a tourist who decorated his umbrella !
more participants here
1. 'Hurry less, worry less'...what's your strategy for making that happen this holiday season? How's it going so far?
I don't have any strategy yet, I push Christmas in the last corner of my mind, because after 2 weeks of sunshine at the Red Sea and hot weather it will be difficult to start all preparations, I hope I cope !
Holiday Christmas tree
2. Do you have a list of to-dos that need accomplishing in order to prepare your home and/or property for the winter season? What are some of the jobs on your list? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone to accomplish these tasks?
I don't have a to do list, I decorate my home just as it pleases me and that can change from year to year. Some jobs ? I try not to make a hysterical celebration of Christmas everything in perfection and then fall exhausted in my bed ! Too much is too much ! and no I am not a do it yourselfer, I hire someone whenever I can.
3. According to dietitians surveyed, the most popular health foods for 2018 will be -turmeric, sprouted foods (bean sprouts, breads with sprouted grains, etc), veggies in place of grains, dairy free milk, and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc). What's the first thought that ran through your head when you read this list? Of the foods listed which one might you add to your regular diet? Also, can milk really be dairy free? Is it still milk?
The first thought ? Crazy ! I eat what I want and not what some scientifics invent because it brings money. As long as I can eat and drink what I want and it doesn't harm me, I only listen to my body !
4. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 is Ultra Violet. According to the Pantone site 'Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking pointing us to the future.' What say you? Do you like the color purple? Did you see the movie or read the book-ha!? Is purple a color you wear often? Describe for us one purple item in your home without using the word purple. If you were in charge of such things what color would you select for 2018?
I had no idea what Pantone is and looked up in Wikipedia. I like purple although it is a color used for funerals but maybe Pantone doesn't know. In my house the main color is red or orange, maybe I have a purple cat with little white flowers,in my 450 cat collection but from here I don't remember. Of course I would choose red as color.
5. Favorite book read this year?
The craziest quotes from Trump (Les citations les plus folles de Trump, V.Deryke) Brussels ? It's like living in a hell hole ! If you need a good laugh, this is THE book to read !!
Random thought . I think of my flight home, as bad weather is foreseen a lot of wind, rain and cold, perhaps some snow and there could be fog. If you don't hear from me anymore I landed somewhere or not at all !