29 Dec 2017

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY - SKYWATCH



More participants here at



********


What happened this week ? Not much besides Monday which was Christmas day and I described it in the post below.

I didn't do much the next day I felt like a bear of whom you had interrupted the winter sleep. But I had to go outside pick up Ilona who had had put winter tires on her car and had to wait until it was finished. As Nicole lives around the corner we went to her and over coffee we chatted about our family Christmas experiences and came to the conclusion that it is rather difficult when you are getting older, apparently children have difficulties to get used to it. From Ilona I got this cute little purse for beach or little walks, it has just the right size for the important things like phone and wallet and bank cards



When I looked in the mirror the next morning I thought just a stick was missing and I looked like a broom with a face. I pulled myself together and went to the hairdresser.  I don't know why but I made the whole saloon laugh and so we all had a good time. And while we discussed about Christmas, the too much eating etc the girl cut and cut and cut and I didn't stop her I hadn't realized. But there are still some hairs left and Mr. G. and my friends like the new cut only I have to get used to it but anyway it will grow again !


Not the best selfie ...

And while we discussed about two policemen from whom a real bad person had taken a picture while they carried a Christmas bag during working hours.  He had put the photo on Facebook and later it went through the press. Fortunately the majority of the people took it with humour and defended the two brave guys. The best comments were " they protected a shop and took the opportunity to buy something for their wives", and "why are you complaining, they only did their job and checked the bags if there were no explosives in it.



It almost became a political scandal but finally the good sense won, and they got no problems. They were also supported by most of the population. I mean these guys do a hard job anyway always on the street watching if there is not a little terrorist around. Don't forget Trump has said that Brussels is a hell hole !

The next day my Swatch watch (sounds good) didn't work anymore. I supposed it was the battery. I took it off couldn't do anything and put it on again, with the result that during shopping  I lost my watch and found it again besides my car, looking like this !



The glass completely broken ! I don't know yet if it is worthwhile to repair it otherwise I have to buy a new one,  Mr. G. said it is better to buy a new one and it would be a belayed Christmas gift !

This will probably be the last post of the year 2017 ! So I wish you all









more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.








12 comments:

  1. A merry Christmas and a happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!! Isn't it ridiculous when people make such an issue of innocent daily stuff .....those policemen have the right to shop and honestly, how do we know they weren't on their lunch break???! Yes Trump is NO fan of me or my family or most of my town actually yet we seem stuck with him. Ugh. It's embarrassing the things that come out of his mouth.

    Well Happy New Year to you and your hair cut looks very chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin chin Gattina. You need a broom to fly on, not to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you everything you wish for yourself for 2018. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new haircut! Sorry about your watch, hope you find a new one you love just as much if not more. Sorry people wanted to give the policemen a hard time for being human beings, SIGH. Politics in America is simply an embarrassment at this point. Hope 2018 brings you much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your time at the salon, making everyone laugh shows you weren't such a "grumpy bear" after all! :-) Loved the shot of the policemen with their shopping bags. Glad they didn't get into trouble. Hope you have a great 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound like a wonderful Christmas and want to wish you the best in 2018
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now, doesn't that purse totally suit you! Oops sorry about your watch. Hope you have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't worn a watch in years! I keep forgetting to get new batteries for them. If I remember I might do it today. Or next year. Which I hope will be a great one for you and Mr Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your watch that broke. But Mr. G is so sweet to suggest a bit late Christmas gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Mr. G is very sweet to buy you a belated Christmas watch.
    Your haircut is most flattering. And yes, it is good that hair always grows if you don't like your cut.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am late commenting this week. As much as I love Christmas and having the family all together, it does wear me out. Fortunately our grandson still takes naps, so I get a rest period during the day as well.

    That's sad about the fuss over the photo. I am glad people stood up for the policemen.

    That's sad about the watch. Mr. G. is kind to replace it.

    Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !