26 Apr 2017
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE
Floralia Brussels, Grand Bigard Castle
more participants here
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Has your April been filled with showers? Do you carry an umbrella, wear a slicker, or make a run for it? Besides rain, what else has filled your April?
What else ? Cold, moody, without energy, lazy, half dead !
2. What's something you could you give a 30-minute presentation on at a moment's notice and with zero preparation?
A speech, did it on my son's wedding, I didn't know that my DIL's mum had prepared a speech and read it from a sheet of paper, so I did my best without preparations. I think it worked
3. Share with us a favorite food memory from childhood.
I went with my grandpa in the woods to pick up wild mushrooms. My grandma prepared them in a huge pancake, at least it seemed huge to me because my mouth was smaller. I have never eaten such a good pancake afterwards !
4. What's a song you thought you knew the lyrics to, but later discovered you were wrong?
It's a French song of course, "Tombe la neige" (The snow falls) but after he stated that she won't come, I don't know the text anymore. We danced a lot to this song because it was romantic and slow !
5. According to one travel website, the most overrated tourist attractions in America are-
Niagara Falls (NY), Hollywood Walk of Fame (California), Times Square (NYC), Epcot (FL), Seattle Space Needle (WA), and Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market (Boston). How many of these have you seen in person? Did you feel like a tourist? Did you care? Tell us about a place (not on the list) you've visited that might be considered a tourist trap, but you love it anyway.
I have seen all these attractions but from 1989 - 1997, and I don't remember the prices ! Today they are probably more expensive than at that time. The Epcot center was brand new ! I think everybody feels like a tourist in these places unless he lives there !
6. Your signature clothing item?
I have no special brand mark, I buy whenever I fall in love with something. That can be in a boutique or on a market.
7. What's an experience you've had you think everyone should experience at least once? Why?
Must be the April weather (see above) but no experiences I had should be experienced by anybody ! Why ? Because !
8. Insert your own random thought here.