16 Jan 2017

WEEKEND REVIEW Jan 14

It snowed the whole weekend. The first day the snow lasted until late afternoon, but then melt, except in the Ardennes.. Very nice for people who love skiing there is more than enough snow !

In the rest of the country there was a big mess, traffic jams and accidents, we are not at all equipped for snow, or maybe we are, but the population reacts like the cartoonist represented so well here :



A snow flake !!!



Each morning I have the same view when I look out of the window. In the aftedrnoon it was almost gone and I went to Ilona who lives about 14 km away and in her area there wasn't any snow at all.
We spent the afternoon together and talked about eventual holidays together;



Sunday it snowed again, but the temperatures are too high so it will certainly melt. With all the salt they had thrown on the streets there is a lot of water and if it will freeze tonight then tomorrow the streets will be slippery !

Instead of going to Nicole we spent an hour on the phone and Mr. G. was wondering about what we could still discuss as we had seen each other shortly.



I worked quite a lot on my computer, observed by Rosie and then watched a bit TV.



Arthur settled down on my lap and "ironed" my legs !

9 comments:

  1. A day to be inside watching the weather. Just as you described, our snow turned to ice overnight and so slippy next day but it has all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cartoon is so funny but I would love to see 'Un flacon' here. We are having a heat wave with temps. of over 40degC. Makes Shibella and me hot, tired and cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gattina ... we didn't have much snow - but it caused a few problems around the country where the ice or the snow settled ... it's winter - c'est la vie! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much the same here weatherwise but I am working on packing up the home, decisions decisions, what to keep and what to throw!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow to me has soft look. We have quite a bit of snow here in North Idaho. But it going to warm up and rain. Then the sloppy will then arrive.
    Some places it might even have some flooding. I hope everyone will stay safe.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in Georgia, we are not used to snow, either. So even a bit of snow causes lots of accidents!
    I'd love to get ironed by warm kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the snowflake cartoon, we English act like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture of Arthur settled up so cosily on your legs. That's one of the things I miss most about not having a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cartoon is exactly like what happens in Eugene Oregon when it snows -- rare and nobody is prepared, but it does happen.... life kinda' comes to a halt.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !