28 Oct 2016

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY

1. I still wasn't well enough to pull out trees, so I just went buying food, because my rice stock was empty we both had to pay attention with what we ate. I hate to feel so weak and dragged myself from computer to Television and back !

2. At least I could follow up my blog and as I had created a Facebook page for our painting group (Gibloux Couleurs) I was busy with all the photos I had taken, some of them had to be lightened up, some needed to be more dark or cropped and that took some time. Finally they were all ready to be put on the page.

3. I still didn't feel like going out and thought about a solution to put the exhibition pictures in an album on internet, for those who don't have a Facebook account. Before Google bought Picasa, there was no problem, I just made an album on Picasa and sent the link. Suddenly I remembered that there was also Flickr. To my big surprise I was already member, there were about 600 photos from me from 2007 til 2009 after that I must have switched to Picasa ! I even found the password !

It took me the whole afternoon to make that Album, because I had completely forgotten how to upload pictures from my computer to Flickr, lost 3 times all photos but finally managed I don't know how. For those who want to have a look on our Masterpieces they are here.

4. After one week exactly I finally felt normal again and I went with Nicole to the Carrefour "Lunch Garden" ! Her kitchen is now completely empty all the old furniture is gone and she heats up cooked meals in her micro wave or goes out for lunch ! It doesn't bother her. Next week the kitchen furniture will be delivered. It was very good and since now they do "Take Away" I ordered a plate for Mr. G.



It was Liège meatballs in a delicious sauce made with Leffe beer and served with rice and spinaches. It was a huge portion. Mr. G. liked it so much that he gobbled it down like Charlie (the dog) ! After half an hour he got stomach pain, worse and worse and finally went to bed ! Men !!

5.

It was the first time after our Exhibition that we had our painting course. Our teacher and the administrator were both absent because they had also caught the gastritis ! So we "taught" each other and it was very amusing. Of course we had a lot to talk about the exhibition, who sold what etc. All in all everybody was very satisfied.




To prepare our garden for the winter I again needed somebody to help. I didn't feel at all like working in the garden, pull out the plants from the pots and cut the ivy which is invading our garden.
Thanks to Facebook "Vivre à Waterloo" I just asked as I had done in spring if somebody could do our garden and I had an immediate answer and a very sympathic man came punctually and made the whole garden in three hours including trimming a hedge ! Was I happy !

My cat Arthur sat on the roof of my car and controlled the whole work !

So now for this year this &@$# garden or yard or whatever is ready for the winter sleep. 













more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY

20 comments:

  1. Well done Gattina - glad things are being sorted out, even if you're still completely recovered yet. Those Liege meatballs look good ... take care and enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. You are good at organising everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend. These bugs certainly are doing the rounds. The meatballs looked delicious, I would probably have over eaten too. Glad you managed to get your garden sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are beginning to get better. what great perseverance with the photos I may have given up and then been cross with myself, good for you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better now and congratulations at getting the photos uploaded. It is sooo frustrating when everything disappears and you have to start again. Your garden looks very smart and tidy now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling better. Yes, I need to ready our yard and deck for the winter months...i keep putting it off and now there is a light dusting of wet snow all around! TOO EARLY for that!!

    That's great that you got all those photos sorted out.

    Hopefully your hubby won't overeat next time...those meatballs looked delish!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better. Taking care of all those photos is quite a lot of work. I've been trying to get my holiday snaps edited and put in folders so I can get ready to have them printed. It's amazing how much time it actually takes!

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Arthur had everything under control :-) Glad you got someone to come take care of the garden. And I'm glad you are well. I hope the whole epidemic will eventurally vanish from your area!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling better and that you have sorted your photos and had a fun lesson and that the exhibition was good. Lots of good news - and the gardener sorting the hedge for you too! Thank you for being part of Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! Glad you found some activities to do and you're feeling better now. Those meatballs do look good. Glad you found someone to do your lawn. If my son and husband weren't here, I'd have to have someone else do ours, too. I can plant and trim a few things here and there but cutting grass triggers allergies and I just don't have the energy or interest to do other parts of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope next week finds you in much better health. You have such patience working out the different ways of doing things on the computer. I get so frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to have your garden all ready for winter. Facebook can be such a great resource. I like that your cat was the supervisor.

    This is certainly the time of year for illness. I am glad you are better. Still you managed to use your time in quite a productive manner. Good for you to be able to find your password. Too many times I forget and have to start all over.

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're feeling better. Our cat often supervises too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are finally feeling better. That's amazing that you got good help so quick for your garden! Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummmmmmm, meatballs look very yummy. I'm new here, so interested in the painting classes you take and will be exploring your blog. Glad you're on the road to recovery, sounds like a nasty virus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like that bout of gastritis was really nasty. But you've still managed a busy week of activities. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a beautiful day yesterday so getting the yard ready for winter was Hubby and my project too. Glad to have that off the list. I'm always amazed at your computer skills.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I'm glad you are feeling better now. And that Mr. G is ok now.
    And I'd love to have someone clean up my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you found a good gardener on FB and with Arthur there to supervise no wonder it turned out so well -- such a deal.

    I'm glad you are feeling better.... that meal looks really good.

    I love how when you feel unwell you do "nothing" but set up a Facebook page and remember how to make albums on Flikr .... (when I don't feel good, doing nothing means I lie in bed and read.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you weren't feeling well!

    Good for you getting your garden tidied up for winter. That's still on my "to do" list.

    Your art classes look like wonderful fun!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !