1. It was still the same cool and rainy weather and I didn't do anything special, pottering around in the house, TV and blogging
2. I had to do some shopping because my friend Claudie from Southern France would arrive the next day late afternoon.
3. We had a lot to chat of course and realized that we know each other since 10 years now ! It started with our Blogs in 2006, in 2008 we met for the first time "life" and ever since I go to France a week and she comes to Brussels for a week.
4. It's nice to have company, she is part of the family so we live our life just as usual, only I go out more of course. She arrived very tired because of antibiotics she had to take for a virus and I have troubles with my breathing, and have to change medication. So we are both not really on the top yet !
There was the football (soccer) game France against Germany and we laughed, we said if one of us will win we won't talk together anymore. Only Mr. G. as Italian was not really involved, but it was him who gave us the results the next morning, because both of us are not interested in football at all, but it's impossible to ignore it.
5. For 3 days Brussels celebrated the "Ommegang" and it was the last day, of the celebrations.
The Ommegang’s historical parade is part of Brussels folklore, and commemorates Charles V’s arrival in Brussels in 1549 to present his son, the future Philip II. It is celebrated each year.
This time the medieval village was built up in the Royal Park, just in front of the Royal Palace.
We watched the shows and had a delicious Brussels' wafel ! Claudie had brought the sunshine along and it was nice and warm.
The park is very beautiful and we walked a little around
Opposite to the Royal Palace on the other end of the park is the Belgian parliament and left and right buildings of the government.
Today we will make more plans what to do and see !