6 Mar 2015

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - RANDOM FRIDAY

1. Besides aqua gym where we amused ourselves in the water, the rest of the day not to be in the water again, I stayed home. According to the statistics we had the wettest January/February ever since 1800 something when the weather mesurements started ! And it continued to rain the whole week.

2. I spent the afternoon with Dominique who had her eyelid operation, it starts to look great, the lids are still a little swollen. I helped her with her new tablet and we spent a nice afternoon, while it continued to rain and on top a strong wind !

3.


I am running out of photos for my different photo themes, and had the good idea to go to a second hand store who sells antiques. There I found nearly everything of what I needed, except a blue sky !

4. Lots of clothes I don't wear anymore were in our basement, I sorted them out and packed them in bags and Mr. G. brought them to the Red Cross where they are given to the poors.

5.


In our painting class, Ilona, Nicole and I started a new painting so we were sitting in front of a blank canvas. I started with some blue, but don't know yet where this will end, while Nicole used an old painting she didn't like anymore and wanted to overpaint it.

After class was finished we went to an Asian restaurant, called "Le jardin d'Asie" (Asian garden) and had an excellent meal. Before I returned home I did some shopping to fill in the fridge.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

23 comments:

  1. I totally sympathise on the weather front. I've reached the end of the road with grey winter. Roll on spring sunshine! All the best for a lovely weekend, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally sympathise on the weather front. I've reached the end of the road with grey winter. Roll on spring sunshine! All the best for a lovely weekend, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have had a busy time. Your painting class looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What to do you mean except blue sky? I can very clearly see blue sky in that photo. Okay, not much, but it is there! Which is more than there is here: greyish and drizzlish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are busy! I really like the idea of a painting class -- just haven't don it ... yet! I'll take some of your rain. I'm sure your friend welcomes your help. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you for giving away your clothes to those in need my friend and for sharing your post with R5F. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be very funny to be at the painting class with your best friends!
    I send you some sun from Ollioules! Hope the sun will come back in Waterloo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy week. Bill laughs at me when I say I can't go swimming because it might rain. He says, of course not, you might get wet! ( outdoor pool and even when it's warm, the rain after does not feel good.). There is water and then there is a different kind of water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think everyone has had record breaking weather...we too had temps here in virginia that were coldest since the 1800's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think everyone has had record breaking weather...we too had temps here in virginia that were coldest since the 1800's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The east is full of snow and here in the west it's spring. Go figure.
    We have no snow and across the border the mountains are full.
    So Whistler is gearing up for music festivals in summer. They will have a motorcycle one which interests my husband.
    We love to scooter together all over the place.So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gattina, I think you're craving blue! You were busy in spite of rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've been busy.
    Going to an Aqua Gym sounds interesting and fun.
    I know it's hard when you have gloomy skies to get out much. Thankfully here the skies are blue again.
    What nice opportunity you had to have lunch with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have beautiful sunshine in London at the moment so I hope it travels across the Channel to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a lot of rain. I am glad your friend is healing well after her eye surgery. We have groups here as well that we can give used clothing and other items to - some give them back out, some sell them in thrift stores to make money. It's nice to be able to put the clothes to good use and help someone in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. we're due for more snow on Sunday- we usually do have a storm during the high school sectionals. I took painting classes eons ago; I enjoyed them immensely. I wish I'd kept more than one of my paintings. be sure to share when you finish your painting- blue is a good start as far as I'm concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Giving clothing to those in need is a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes when we get long grey stretches I wish we could buy blue skies in a store! Hopefully yours is coming soon. It's wonderful that your painting brings you so much joy. It's wonderful to have that in life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It feels good to clean things out, especially things that will bless someone else. Your painting class sounds like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad your friend seems to be healing. Eyelid surgery sounds painful. Before this week, we had lots of gray weather here which is unusual at this time of tear. We get our rainy season in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The best days are the ones spent with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for you for sending unused items to good use. I hope you get some blue skies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always enjoy visiting and hearing about your active life. I too have a hard time trying to find new things for blog memes. Can't wait to see what you found at the antique store.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !